Drivers with J-Pouch?

U

uber

iIM sorry I think your post is a lie. IF you been working for company for 5 years you must be old enough to make a decision on driving .? you must be in contact with drivers ask them. YOU have to ask on this you dont have a clue.

Old enough to make a decision on driving? I'm in contact with a couple drivers. But, the main point of my post was whether anyone knew of anybody that has a j pouch or a similar IBD like disease that drives.

But your right, I'm going to find this website and post an extravagant "lie" like me having my colon removed for the purpose of what? The fact that you think I'm making something like this up shows more of your character issues than anything else.

ken1337

I went through a similar severe progression of UC, as someone who knows the pain you have gone through and are continuing to endure physically and mentally I am disgusted by the actions of SatDriver. I have also considered being a trucker because the nation is in need and helping solve problems for the benefit of society brings me great satisfaction. Please read up on ADA, there are regulations to help you get where you want to be. Don't let the cruel individual discourage you, I got through it and so will you! God Bless whoever came up with the "J pouch" I could deal with the bag for a few months but it was wearing me down mentally between pain and problems requiring me to abruptly abandon what I was doing to secure a new bag. After final surgery I felt so much better, you'll probably learn this from doc but watch what you eat after, blockages happen easily if you use too many opioids post op (kinda a damned if you do, damned if you don't choice between pain or risking relaxation of intestines) or eat food the can get stuck (Like fruits/veggies with skin that doesn't break down in stomach).

(Did not have Toxic MegaColon diagnosis prior to surgery but my lead surgeon examined colon once it was out and said I made right choice because if I left it in it was heading for Toxic Megacolon or Cancerous growth from all the destroyed tissue)

Apologies to community for turning this into a UC discussion, your Mod did something horrible and I had to speak up.

ken1337

Jon, you seem to excel at quoting applicable legal language but seldom offer viable alternatives. I am curious as to how UPS could "modify" his route to accomodate his medical situation. Are they going to install porta-potties along his route? I agree with BH that the best solution may be for the OP to have the necessary equipment on hand to take care of his business in the package car if need be.

I was confused by Sat's response as well.

We have a driver who is color blind who has adapted to his "disability" quite well.

I agree with Helen re: deaf drivers.
EZ, put drivers with need for frequent bathroom breaks on a city/business route instead of a rural/long distance route. Or do like the Army did to me, say it's too had to accommodate so we're starting your retirement now and will pay you until normal retirement starts.
Idk what's so hard about taking care of people who have fallen ill through no fault of their own. Even with the retirement money I was devastated because Army was my life, we WANT to keep working, not our fault society spends all it's money feeding MIC (Mil Industrial Complex) instead of curing common illnesses.