Sick a lot this year

Jesterama1980

I don't know what's going on this year, but I've been sick a lot. Not covid. Normally I can work through it, but what I keep getting for a period of 1-2 days has put me down. I'm a regular driver.

I was out thurs/fri last week and volunteered to work Saturday to help, then was bed ridden most of the day Sunday with relapsed symptoms.
High Fever,
Shortness of Breath,
Severe abdominal issues making it so I can't be more than a few seconds from a bathroom,
light headed,

If I felt I could work, I definitely would, but I know I couldn't do the job safely or at all with these symptoms. Going back to the doctor today.

My question is, now that I'm out of sick days, is there any real threat of losing my job as long as I'm using correct call-out procedures and getting medical documentation for the work absences? I mean, there's nothing I can do about it. I can't just wish myself well. I know sups are mostly dicks about it, but union-wise am I protected as long as I'm following procedures?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So what does you doctor think. Worry more about your health than the company. With covid and masking most aren't even catching colds. Something else is going on.

Indecisi0n

UPS sick time is based on the maximum number of times the human body gets sick in a given year. They have done extensive studies to come up with this number and is pretty accurate. Could you possible just be trying to take advantage of the system?

SLW

Following. I've been out sick with post-Covid illness for several unpaid weeks. Steward said all I need is a note, but I'm still nervous about it.