Drivers with shoulder and neck injuries from non-power steering vehicles

tieguy

Banned
I agree completely.
I think Tie knows what we are talking about and, if I had to guess, I'd say Tie went into management years ago because he saw others around him falling apart and knew that wasn't for him.
He obviously has to follow the company line or it could be devastating for his very wealthy and happy retirement.

I don't know trick I actually enjoyed delivery. Loved the daily interaction with the customers.

Management for me was an advancement and a chance to earn more money.

Helen I agree and you actually reinforced my point of sarcasm. Everyone wears out differently and everyone performs differently.
There is no ups goon out there deliberately hurting people. Manual steering is not a guarantee you will be injured. Many people drove without power steering their entire careers without having major health issues. If we can get past the UPS hurt my shoulder dialogue we might also be able to get to some more proactive dialogue on why some people get hurt and most do not.

outta hours

I often find my penis does not respond the way I would prefer due to the fact I work too many hours and don't get to use it enough on the misses. Should I also apply for disability or perhaps ask for a medical leave of abscence so I have the opportunity to use my penis more. How should I approach this subject with the misses.
Should I say "honey I have a few rare days off and we need to make as much use of my penis as possible" or should I offer its services should she get the urge to do so? Should I run around the house naked and allow the penis the opportunity to react naturally or should I force it to perform as the wife feels the need. Is there a reference guide I can acquire on the proper care and use of the penis. thanks in advance for your advice.

Do you get a close firm grip? Pivot and don't twist. If not maybe you should, and leave the wife out of the equation.

trickpony1

I don't know trick I actually enjoyed delivery. Loved the daily interaction with the customers.

Management for me was an advancement and a chance to earn more money.

Helen I agree and you actually reinforced my point of sarcasm. Everyone wears out differently and everyone performs differently.
There is no ups goon out there deliberately hurting people. Manual steering is not a guarantee you will be injured. Many people drove without power steering their entire careers without having major health issues. If we can get past the UPS hurt my shoulder dialogue we might also be able to get to some more proactive dialogue on why some people get hurt and most do not.

Tieguy-
Please don't feign ignorance or stupidity because we all know better. Being the number cruncher that you are, perhaps you should take a college level statistics class. I believe you will find that, statistically speaking, not everything will happen to everybody. It is statistically impossible. You know that, the company knows that and the actuaries at Liberty Mutual know that.
Nice try though..........

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy-
Please don't feign ignorance or stupidity because we all know better. Being the number cruncher that you are, perhaps you should take a college level statistics class. I believe you will find that, statistically speaking, not everything will happen to everybody. It is statistically impossible. You know that, the company knows that and the actuaries at Liberty Mutual know that.
Nice try though..........

Ah my point exactly Trick. Statistics will show that the majority do not experience the extreme. I want to thank you for putting aside your biases in supporting my position.

trickpony1

Ah my point exactly Trick. Statistics will show that the majority do not experience the extreme. I want to thank you for putting aside your biases in supporting my position.

You missed my point.
I love the way management will take what I just said, prefix it with "my point exactly" and then proceed to twist what I didn't say around in their favor. Do you all learn that in SBTS?
"....not everything will happen to everybody" means not everybody will go their entire career without getting hurt. This supports my last comment of "You know that, the company knows that and the acturaies at Liberty Mutual know that.".
Let's see how bad you can twist this around.

Cezanne

I do not know where you guys are getting your statistics, truth is most 20 plus UPS union employees are pretty well busted up. Just recently talking to a package car driver with the same seniority as me, you would not believe the list of operations and disability time off he had with over 25 years in. Think about it, this kind of work was not meant for most people over 50 years of age, why do you think that our vacations stop at 25 years, would be that the union and company thought that most of us would be retired by then. Truth is as we age we are going to go down hill real quick physically, some sooner than others, consider just how many women ever obtained the required years vesting and age requirement for a normal retirement. For the life of me I personally would only think of about maybe five that fully retired who did not leave early via the disability route or quit due to the break down of their bodies. Consider the term being thrown around now "Industrial Athletes" by the company, just how many professional athletes can compete just past 40 years of age. The whole system is set up against any of us obtaining any retirement benefit or physically less demanding job assignments if you are union. All the "cake jobs" were given to the non-union work segment, the desk, computer positions. Not that I do not mind the work required for my union position, it does keep one in shape till a time when all the safe habits and healthy eating will not help you at all. Bottom line is that we need an early retirement option negotiated with this upcoming contract, at least a "light at the end of the tunnel" hope. Afraid we are in between what the company and the union wants to advance their agenda, and do not tell me that we are the "union", it left our hands long time ago. At time I consider the union and the company the same, a bunch of power hungry egoists who want to control their positions against any challenge hurled against them. After all most power structures are a group of haves trying to prevent the have nots from storming their castles, you can guess were we stand:cool:

tieguy

Banned
You missed my point.
I love the way management will take what I just said, prefix it with "my point exactly" and then proceed to twist what I didn't say around in their favor. Do you all learn that in SBTS?
"....not everything will happen to everybody" means not everybody will go their entire career without getting hurt. This supports my last comment of "You know that, the company knows that and the acturaies at Liberty Mutual know that.".
Let's see how bad you can twist this around.

Tsk tSk. Looks like your getting a little busted up. Perhaps you could provide some statistical basis since you threw it into the mix. What percent of all drivers driving nothing but manual steering ended up having major shoulder surgery. Lets say its as high as 10 percent which would be quite a stretch. Then tell us why the other 90 percent were able to survive without major shoulder surgery.

tieguy

Banned
IAt time I consider the union and the company the same, a bunch of power hungry egoists who want to control their positions against any challenge hurled against them. After all most power structures are a group of haves trying to prevent the have nots from storming their castles, you can guess were we stand:cool:

LOL. Even I a management person would not label your union such.

trickpony1

Gosh, Tie.....I dunno.
Maybe the 90% that make it their entire career without major shoulder surgery have grease fittings in their titanium shoulders they were born with. Besides the other frictionless components of their bodies, their structural, load-bearing and rotational components are replaceable as well as upgradable. They are machines.......just like you.

tieguy

Banned
Gosh, Tie.....I dunno.
Maybe the 90% that make it their entire career without major shoulder surgery have grease fittings in their titanium shoulders they were born with. Besides the other frictionless components of their bodies, their structural, load-bearing and rotational components are replaceable as well as upgradable. They are machines.......just like you.

And here we sit. You even acknowledge that at least 90 percent do not have the major problems yet you can't explain it either other then to try to pass off some cute joke about titanium shoulders.

To your credit you didn't turn into a total puss and try to threaten me with some BS. :thumbup1:

trickpony1

Tie-
Just about the time I start to think you are an alright guy, despite your elevated position, and may just have a shred of compassion and understanding for the working slobs that are making you filthy rich, you unveil your true colors.
The last several posts are a glaring comentary of the debate skills you learned in SBTS. For those who don't know, SBTS stands for:
Supervisor
Basic
Training
School..........sorta has a militaristic ring to it doesn't it?

I used to look forward to reading your posts but not any more. You can't seem to counterpoint the previous issue without twisting it and reflecting with something the previous poster didn't say.
I fully expected you to not admit that driving is hard on the associated limbs. It's the party line that is so engrained in you. I/we are tired of beating a dead horse. Common sense would dictate that repetitive use of any part of the body will cause irreverseable damage. I am aware of several situations where the working slob prevailed when they pursued the matter.
Don't worry about me threatening you. I don't have to. You're a threat to yourself.

tieguy

Banned
Tie-
Just about the time I start to think you are an alright guy, despite your elevated position, and may just have a shred of compassion and understanding for the working slobs that are making you filthy rich, you unveil your true colors.
The last several posts are a glaring comentary of the debate skills you learned in SBTS. For those who don't know, SBTS stands for:
Supervisor
Basic
Training

I used to look forward to reading your posts but not any more. You can't seem to counterpoint the previous issue without twisting it and reflecting with something the previous poster didn't say.
I fully expected you to not admit that driving is hard on the associated limbs. It's the party line that is so engrained in you. I/we are tired of beating a dead horse. Common sense would dictate that repetitive use of any part of the body will cause irreverseable damage. I am aware of several situations where the working slob prevailed when they pursued the matter.
Don't worry about me threatening you. I don't have to. You're a threat to yourself.

and now you're unable to address the point so you change tactics by trying to impress everyone here as to having some type of inside information on how management is trained. We then get the big dissapointment speech mainly because you are again ill equiped to discuss something in simple dialogue without jumping into such histronics. Save your " I thought you were allright" speech for someone stupid enough to fall for it. Instead just admit you're not equipped to discuss this issue without trying to accuse someone of lacking compassion. Until you learn to discuss the issue without such hysterical theatrics you will never understand the issue.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Tie-
Supervisor
Basic
Training

I don't think Tie ever had an 'elevated position'. He's in management; not out of insecurity, desire to experience tyranny, or due to a flaw in his character. Management is for some people and not for some people, just as much as the front line is for some people and not for some people. You tend to label people as being 'with you' or 'against you'. If they're 'against you' (ala supervisor or manager), no matter how much they may say something you agree with (if you even bother reading and contemplating their point), you dismiss them because they're 'one of them'.

Someone is a supervisor, and therefore they don't know what they're talking about and they should be dismissed without even assessing their argument or point. Thus far, I don't think this is deliberate or your intention, but you really rub off this way.

helloitsme

and now you're unable to address the point so you change tactics by trying to impress everyone here as to having some type of inside information on how management is trained. We then get the big dissapointment speech mainly because you are again ill equiped to discuss something in simple dialogue without jumping into such histronics. Save your " I thought you were allright" speech for someone stupid enough to fall for it. Instead just admit you're not equipped to discuss this issue without trying to accuse someone of lacking compassion. Until you learn to discuss the issue without such hysterical theatrics you will never understand the issue.

You really are a butthole Tie,do us freight guys a favor.....stay out of the freight business...stick with the package business....with your attituide and lack of compassion,I am suprised you haven't fell victim to the ERI .

tieguy

Banned
You really are a butthole Tie,do us freight guys a favor.....stay out of the freight business...stick with the package business....with your attituide and lack of compassion,I am suprised you haven't fell victim to the ERI .

Are you UPS frieght? Is it true you lost your largest customer?