Only way outs inna box
is there a penalty for driving 60+ hours?
What are the penalties for violating the hours-of-service rules?
Drivers or carriers who violate the hours-of-service rules face serious penalties:
- Drivers may be placed out of service (shut down) at roadside until the driver has accumulated enough off-duty time to be back in compliance;
- State and local enforcement officials may assess fines;
- The driver's and carrier's scores under the Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) enforcement program can take a hit, which could result in a variety of enforcement actions;
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration may levy civil penalties on the driver or carrier, ranging from $1,200 to $14,700 per violation depending on the severity;
- The carrier's safety rating can be downgraded for a pattern of violations; and
- Federal criminal penalties can be brought against carriers who knowingly and willfully allow or require hours-of-service violations.
70 hours only under certain conditions. The company will let you know if we are on a 70 hour schedule.Just started and there’s talk about 70 hours is the new 60 for the work week. Wasn’t sure what was what, that’s why I’m asking, So that I will be familiar with the DOT regulations.