Driving record

Boat Mode

Hello everyone. A friend of my uncle's works as an HR manager for UPS in my area. He told me, back in June, that he would be able to get me a position with the company when I was able to start, and I just began contacting him about this. Yesterday I was informed he would be able to give me a job on a truck right off the bat (I was skeptical but this is what he told my uncle). About three hours later, I got in my first car accident. It was a minor fender-bender, but I fear this might ruin my chances with the company for a while.

I'm usually a good driver and the only other mark on my driving record is a speeding ticket from January 2011. Would any of you guys know what this means for my chances of getting the position?

Boat Mode

I received a ticket for an expired license (not a moving violation and I had no idea it expired on my birthday), but I'm renewing it tomorrow and fighting the ticket. The only other ticket I have is the one from 2011, and this was my first accident.

UPSGUY72

Hello everyone. A friend of my uncle's works as an HR manager for UPS in my area. He told me, back in June, that he would be able to get me a position with the company when I was able to start, and I just began contacting him about this. Yesterday I was informed he would be able to give me a job on a truck right off the bat (I was skeptical but this is what he told my uncle). About three hours later, I got in my first car accident. It was a minor fender-bender, but I fear this might ruin my chances with the company for a while.

I'm usually a good driver and the only other mark on my driving record is a speeding ticket from January 2011. Would any of you guys know what this means for my chances of getting the position?

It's called a casual driver position if you got it you proabably wouldn't be around after Dec 24. You won't have to worry about it if the ticket sticks. But then again the friend of your uncle should be able to help you out.

UPSGUY72

He told me it wouldn't be a seasonal position... I need to give him a call when I can. Thanks for the responses guys, pretty down about this =/

Well if you start before Jan 1 it's seasonal unless your still driving in January and Feb. My bet would be that if you drive before Jan 1. Come January 1st they will offer you a PT position either in the morning or Night shift. inside not driving. Jan and Feb is the time when they lay people off and or ask people to take days off they don't hire new drivers.

rod

Retired 22 years
He told me it wouldn't be a seasonal position... I need to give him a call when I can. Thanks for the responses guys, pretty down about this =/

Be careful-----they will tell you anything. The manager friend of your uncles is probably so used to lying that he can't help himself.

Boat Mode

Well I am willing to work in the warehouse for a couple years or do whatever I need to. I'm definitely not looking for something temporary though. I appreciate the responses, I just cant believe how awful this timing is.