Driving School Training

RavenMadd

New to UPS and currently working in the warehouse. I was given papers today to study for driving test. I am told that once I pass this test I will be able to go to driving school in either Dallas or Philadelphia. Looking for all information I can get about this.
​Thanks!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

RavenMadd, the reason you didn't get a response from your first post is that very few drivers are off road that early.

I am also puzzled by the two cities that you gave for Integrad training. Why in the world would they send you to Dallas or Philly when there must be training centers closer to your work location?

There are many threads on this forum about Integrad.

BTW, hate the avatar. Go Pats!

RavenMadd

I was told I would be sent to either Dallas or Philadelphia so can't answer which one. I am working in Hunt Valley Maryland in a "sorting facility"
I have used the search function and could not find any information on this training.

How long is the training and what does it consist of?

Intergrad? Is that what the training is called? I got the papers with the things to memorize and was just told it was driver training and either Dallas or Philadelphia. Only there 3 weeks so not up on all the jargon.

Appreciate all the help.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a member/moderator here who goes by the user name Jones. He is from your area and would be more than happy to answer your questions. Send him a PM.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm a driver out of Hunt Valley as well, and I went to Integrad several years ago. It lasts 5 days, and isn't too hard to be honest.

When I went, I went down to Landover, Md. Not Philly and sure as hell not Dallas.

Memorize all that garbage and anything else you will need to know they'll teach you when you get there.

finaddict

A couple decades ago, driving school was a map and keys to a loaded package car. Good or bad, I'm not sure, but in 25yrs I've never had an accident. I did have two weeks training for feeders though.

oldngray

nowhere special
A couple decades ago, driving school was a map and keys to a loaded package car. Good or bad, I'm not sure, but in 25yrs I've never had an accident. I did have two weeks training for feeders though.

..and you didn't even stay at a Holiday Express!