Driving test

Slacker45

I've read a few old threads on this topic, but have some questions.

First: any tips

second: honking at intersections.

third: pre check. should I do a quick pre check, like tires/scratches. should I check under the vehicle? specific things to look for/point out. how to check certain things.

fourth: if it's standard am I allowed to coast/take out of gear while I slow down I like to do this in my personal because I don't like the vehicle to automatically accelerate.

5th: reverse tips

Idk I'm a little nervous any extra info and tips will help.

things I can think of: scan mirrors constantly, keep 6 sec following distance. I vehicle gap at stops... idk there's more can't remember rn

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Don’t bother with 1st gear it’s useless, start in second if the sup lets you. Beep at all pedestrians and cyclists in the road, when you’re in reverse and when you’re going around blind corners. Don’t panic if you stall just fix it and get going. Talk with the supervisor. Show them that you can drive and hold a conversation at the same time without being all up tight and anxiety ridden. Both hands on the wheel. Put the ebrake on when stopped at a res light or parking. Don’t rely on the back up camera, scan your eyes mirror to monitor to mirror.

pierregarcon

Show them that you can drive and hold a conversation at the same time without being all up tight and anxiety ridden.

Obviously I've been through the training, so I get where you are coming from. But at the same time this is a big NO NO according to how we get harassed on the daily. One should purely focus on driving. Having a convo at the same time is distracted driving and frowned upon.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't be like Shecky O'Greene.
2016-11-06-15-23-24--1369219114.jpg

Slacker45

Don’t bother with 1st gear it’s useless, start in second if the sup lets you. Beep at all pedestrians and cyclists in the road, when you’re in reverse and when you’re going around blind corners. Don’t panic if you stall just fix it and get going. Talk with the supervisor. Show them that you can drive and hold a conversation at the same time without being all up tight and anxiety ridden. Both hands on the wheel. Put the ebrake on when stopped at a res light or parking. Don’t rely on the back up camera, scan your eyes mirror to monitor to mirror.

My personal is a standard so I'm pretty confident with starting in first. I want to test this before my test tho if I can. if not I'll ask. so I should honk at pedestrians and cyclists, what about intersections. like a normal red light stop. I feel like I shouldn't but from what I've read people have said always honk.

from working I realized in the building they basically honk anytime they change from reverse to forward so I would do that. obv when going through the exits and stuff. I just didn't know about on road. reverse honking seemed basic since the vehicle doesn't automatically beep

Slacker45

Obviously I've been through the training, so I get where you are coming from. But at the same time this is a big NO NO according to how we get harassed on the daily. One should purely focus on driving. Having a convo at the same time is distracted driving and frowned upon.

agreed. I was Maybe thinking talking out loud about my decisions. like today the car in the other lane slowed down at a cross walk and i said to my self what is there a pedestrian crossing? (busy so I had no visibility and others didn't stop) sure enough was and i slowed down because he did. stuff like that Maybe

Maybe that would screw me because the sup would be like didn't see obv pedestrian even tho I had no chance. I always look

Browndoesntfrown

really? e brake even at a light? some1 (not ups) said e brake whenever stopped but not at lights/on road

I’m sure every center is different, but ‘our’ rule is if you’re going to be stopped for more than five seconds anywhere, put up your hand brake so you don’t roll. I still did it at every stop sign and traffic light no matter how long I was gonna be stopped there during my driver test because I was paranoid lol.

Slacker45

I’m sure every center is different, but ‘our’ rule is if you’re going to be stopped for more than five seconds anywhere, put up your hand brake so you don’t roll. I still did it at every stop sign and traffic light no matter how long I was gonna be stopped there during my driver test because I was paranoid lol.

thanks that's what I wanted to hear. I'll ask around but I'll do that obv if I get docked for not doing it

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

My personal is a standard so I'm pretty confident with starting in first. I want to test this before my test tho if I can. if not I'll ask. so I should honk at pedestrians and cyclists, what about intersections. like a normal red light stop. I feel like I shouldn't but from what I've read people have said always honk.

from working I realized in the building they basically honk anytime they change from reverse to forward so I would do that. obv when going through the exits and stuff. I just didn't know about on road. reverse honking seemed basic since the vehicle doesn't automatically beep
Don’t beep at intersections. Was never trained to do that.