DRO Concerns

sadmanhere

a few of the buildings in my town have gone live with DRO with nightmare reviews

can i get some feedback on DRO

a lot are saying they do not like where it starts off routes and that they dont have sections numbers to load the trucks

any one care to chime in ?

It will be fine

a few of the buildings in my town have gone live with DRO with nightmare reviews

can i get some feedback on DRO

a lot are saying they do not like where it starts off routes and that they dont have sections numbers to load the trucks

any one care to chime in ?
I haven’t used it yet but by all accounts it’s a dumpster fire. The only positive I’ve heard is at least we have control over the plan without having to communicate it to Fedex people. You can somewhat override the optimization and set what areas go to which truck. The computer will still load it randomly everyday. You’ll end up with the same street on 4 different shelves. If you’ve been around a while they took the worst parts of VRP and Vision and made a new terrible program that focuses on a problem no one wanted them to solve, route balancing.

bbsam

Staff member
We started training with it yesterday. My initial reaction is that it thinks too hard. The algorithm goes too deep and as such completely misses on reality.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We started training with it yesterday. My initial reaction is that it thinks too hard. The algorithm goes too deep and as such completely misses on reality.
Heaven forbid anyone using good old-fashioned route knowledge and common sense.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Heaven forbid anyone using good old-fashioned route knowledge and common sense.

Well, they're trying to make it so anyone who can fog a mirror drive for FXG... plus if u have a crew that does weekend work,or swing/cover driving with no set bid route, you'll need a system.

The computer will still load it randomly everyday. You’ll end up with the same street on 4 different shelves.

Uhh oh, if those BCs aren't on top of tweaking the zones, I'm going to see another exodus of drivers again, just like when they combine HD and G into a single stream setup

Wuts DRO mean anyway, r they taking terms from FXE now?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well, they're trying to make it so anyone who can fog a mirror drive for FXG... plus if u have a crew that does weekend work,or swing/cover driving with no set bid route, you'll need a system.
Just wait until the system goes down. Guaranteed it’ll happen and probably at the worst time. Then what’s the driver who doesn’t know how to read a map gonna do? Go home?

It will be fine

Uhh oh, if those BCs aren't on top of tweaking the zones, I'm going to see another exodus of drivers again, just like when they combine HD and G into a single stream setup

Wuts DRO mean anyway, r they taking terms from FXE now?
It stands for Dynamic Route Optimization.

There are no zones to tweak. It will decide the optimal delivery route and load accordingly. That will change daily. Currently you can’t override that to load it by neighborhood or street or anything else that would actually make sense.

It will be fine

Just wait until the system goes down. Guaranteed it’ll happen and probably at the worst time. Then what’s the driver who doesn’t know how to read a map gonna do? Go home?
If the system goes down they can’t sort the building. This has little to do with map skills, it’s the sorting and loading software.

OrioN

Yeah, sounds like FXE DRA...

So no more SiD sections ??? SO the preload just shovel those boxes into the trucks/ pile up on pallets / carts?

Wow, sounds like a :censored2: show

Well, I'll see another round of exodus drivers coming

So will drivers be climbing over boxes and digging for stops, just like dynamic OrioN order of UPS? @ least they get paid hourly to do so...

y does FXG operations management team don't understand that most of the FXG subcontractor drivers are on salary or per stop basis?

Last edited:

It will be fine

So no more SiD sections ???

Wow, sounds like a :censored2: show

Well, I'll see another round of exodus drivers coming
There will still be SIDS. They just won’t really correspond to anything. The software tries to optimize space on the truck as well. So if a floor section is empty and a stop has 10 pieces it will load it there regardless of how you are going to deliver it. It could be an early stop but right behind the driver seat was empty so it puts it there instead of the tail.

OrioN

I'm supposedly in a ALL Ground building now, but half of the routes are still on pallets... I guess we shall see on a local level.

bbsam

Staff member
Probably have terrible service and have to dig out of it over a couple days.
Do you think they haven’t experienced that or haven’t thought about it? Fact is, they don’t really care.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm supposedly in a ALL Ground building now, but half of the routes are still on pallets... I guess we shall see on a local level.
Those routes should eventually be the better routes. They will be loaded more like HD VRP and not the SIDS/Vision insanity.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Probably have terrible service and have to dig out of it over a couple days.
Do you think they haven’t experienced that or haven’t thought about it? Fact is, they don’t really care.
The same way express managers don’t care whether we deliver in DRA order or not.

OrioN

@Cflfdx , better get that ground cloud and a handful of ipads!

& thanks for chiming in about this new thing that we have to adapt.

But if it's a time waster to reduce sporh, it may not be a good deal anymore to those drivers with a salary day.

Ugh, some hd sequences were crap back in the day as well, like as another state that the same street on 4 different shelve areas.

McFeely

Huge Member
i dont understand it....how do you load your truck ?

It sounds like DRA from Express. I assume your new stickers would have a stop number assigned to them and would be loaded according to how you wanted your shelves loaded. Some of our Express trucks are loaded stops 1-25 on one shelf, 26-50 on the next shelf, etc.

When trying to find the package for stop number 36 on your Powerpad, you'd just go to that shelf where 36 should be. It only works if your truck is organized though.

The struggle for someone new to this is that your 123 Main St. stop might be stop number 4 one day, and stop 98 the next day. It could also be on another truck if they're trying to balance loads across drivers, too.

sadmanhere

It sounds like DRA from Express. I assume your new stickers would have a stop number assigned to them and would be loaded according to how you wanted your shelves loaded. Some of our Express trucks are loaded stops 1-25 on one shelf, 26-50 on the next shelf, etc.

When trying to find the package for stop number 36 on your Powerpad, you'd just go to that shelf where 36 should be. It only works if your truck is organized though.

The struggle for someone new to this is that your 123 Main St. stop might be stop number 4 one day, and stop 98 the next day. It could also be on another truck if they're trying to balance loads across drivers, too.

let us balance the loads .....i prefer vrp over vision. on paper vision is better if package handlers scanned all the boxes... and easier to load

OrioN

You explained what FXG HD (vrp) system was like, except for the last part; it didn't change from day to day. .. that is why so many HD drivers quit when they went single system