Drop Box Violations

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I never said it would happen. Of course, it's an idea from a courier, why would it be considered? What was I thinking?

We're talking about packages with bad/cash only account #'s, not CC. After all, when you process a CC, you put in the CC #, don't you? As for the person using another account #? There's enough FedEX Offices, ShipCenter or BSC's around. Getting to one of them, at least in our stations area as a whole, is usually no further than most dropboxes. Go ahead, nitpick and mentioned the remote areas. The few airbills you'd get out there, you can check the account #.

Since we take ideas from UPS, and vice versa, how do they deal with airbills? I go to a dropbox and UPS next to me. I have 20 airbills and they have 20 packages. Their LONG gone before I'm done. I don't see many. if any, hand written airbills.

OK, let's try this on for size. When the airbills are scanned into the system, have the account number put in also. If the account is bad or cash only, automatically generate a trace for stop shipment. Would it cost a few bucks? Yes. But no more than losing the revenue for that/those packages and eventually that bad/cash account would learn they can't 'get away with it' anymore. Obviously, this would need to be done the same night it was picked up. If you have an idea, let's hear it.

We steal ideas from UPS, and you're right that they'd never listen to a courier. Put on a poorly-fitted JC Penney suit and clip-on tie and then someone might pay attention to you. The best organizations listen to their frontline employees. FedEx ignores them. You reap what you sow.

SmithBarney

its been a couple years, but at UPS Driver scans AB, enters Shipper Number. that's it.

Also another idea I'd love to steal, Automatic Holiday Close reminders... When you are at a PUP, a few days prior to holidays
at UPS you are prompted if the customer will be open or not, and an option for hours.. at fedex.. haul around a bundle of papers
and hope you remember to ask in the midst of running around chasing clo times.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

its been a couple years, but at UPS Driver scans AB, enters Shipper Number. that's it.

It is even easier now as most of the ASD's have full barcodes that include the shipper number. All we have to do is enter the weight.

Also another idea I'd love to steal, Automatic Holiday Close reminders... When you are at a PUP, a few days prior to holidays
at UPS you are prompted if the customer will be open or not, and an option for hours.. at fedex.. haul around a bundle of papers

This prompt comes up about 2 weeks before a holiday, giving us plenty of time to update our pickup logs. On the holiday any closed pickups are skipped over.

FedEx2000

It is even easier now as most of the ASD's have full barcodes that include the shipper number. All we have to do is enter the weight.

This prompt comes up about 2 weeks before a holiday, giving us plenty of time to update our pickup logs. On the holiday any closed pickups are skipped over.

The automated Close List is in testing and will probably be rolled out with/after the new ppads.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Eliminate airbills at dropboxes. Use powership or FedExShip, which requires a valid account number. I've been saying there's WAY to much paperwork and it needs to be cut down. This would be a good place to start.

But what about all the stolen accounts that get Powershipped? I get a handful of these daily in my FO run. You're on the right track, but as long as there are thieves, there will be more crap for us to deal with.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The automated Close List is in testing and will probably be rolled out with/after the new ppads.

My station is a PP2 roll out station, this is according to the people that are debugging...man are they busy..lol The unit itself isn't bad, but it's just enough like the old one to screw you up..lol The keyboard is a bit narrower which repositioned the keys, battery life is a big issue, but overall it's not that bad.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The biggest thief of all is our Chairman.

missing Fedex pension.jpg
missing Fedex pension.jpg