Drug test for peak season Package Drivers in GA???

Imme

Im wondering if ups drug tests peak season package drivers in Georgia. One of the managers asked everyone who isnt a driver; if they want to be a driver during the peak season. Ive been working as a preloader since last peak season, and they kept me on, and now I wanna do this because of the great pay. Ive done my research, but everywhere I go, everyone cannot stick to a complete yes or no if they drug test. Some say it all depends where you live, so does ANYONE know if they drug test you in Georgia? I go to class in August and its coming up. Im very willing to stop my recreation but I would rather not if I don't need to. :biggrin:

upschuck

Stop your drug use. If they suspect you, at any time, of being under the influence and test you, then you will be fired, and rightfully so. Grow up, you can kill more people than yourself in a PC.

Tough Guy

I think it's a DOT requirement on a national scale. We all have to take the pee test when we get our physicals. So I'd quit now. Because you probably have to get the DOT card before school starts.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes, since you have to ask this we'll do you a favor and be honest with you...You will have a drug test and then randomly after that. We get a diad message and have to meet a sup and pee in a cup in the back of a package car. You shouldn't apply...or drive any vehicles.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Im wondering if ups drug tests peak season package drivers in Georgia. One of the managers asked everyone who isnt a driver; if they want to be a driver during the peak season. Ive been working as a preloader since last peak season, and they kept me on, and now I wanna do this because of the great pay. Ive done my research, but everywhere I go, everyone cannot stick to a complete yes or no if they drug test. Some say it all depends where you live, so does ANYONE know if they drug test you in Georgia? I go to class in August and its coming up. Im very willing to stop my recreation but I would rather not if I don't need to. :biggrin:
I also know of several known stoners on preload who got injured on the job....and management demanded a drug test...saying they appeared under the influence....they were eventually fired.

Imme

I also know of several known stoners on preload who got injured on the job....and management demanded a drug test...saying they appeared under the influence....they were eventually fired.
I've never smoked before work, when I smoke; I only wanna sit on my couch and watch movies. I have never driven high nor do I ever plan on it becuase I know how it affects me. Im wondering if they will automaticly drug test me when I go to school or after or whatever. Do they only drug test you if "I appear under the influence" if so, I should never get drug tested then becuase im not an idiot and smoke before/during work.

They only test for acid and ped's.

I've never smoked before work, when I smoke; I only wanna sit on my couch and watch movies. I have never driven high nor do I ever plan on it becuase I know how it affects me. Im wondering if they will automaticly drug test me when I go to school or after or whatever. Do they only drug test you if "I appear under the influence" if so, I should never get drug tested then becuase im not an idiot and smoke before/during work.
Do you eat Cheetos or combos when you sit on your couch? What about funnions?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It doesnt take much for management to claim you appear under the influence....oh your pupils look dilated. The guys I'm talking about weren't necessarily high when they got hurt...but a piss test said they were dirty. Game over.

browniehound

No, they are not going to drug test you. That's a fact. No matter what anybody else here says, they are not going to drug test you unless you drive a tractor trailer.

I must say though, you'll never make it at UPS if your idea of fun/relaxation/enjoyment of life is smoking a joint and sitting in front of the TV watching movies. Are you serious? What kind of life is that?

I used to smoke when I was in high school. A lot. But, that was high school. You are going to get nowhere in life by smoking weed and watching movies. No wonder the state of the country is what it is. None of our youth have any motivation.

My advice, get off of your couch and make something of your life.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No, they are not going to drug test you. That's a fact. No matter what anybody else here says, they are not going to drug test you unless you drive a tractor trailer.

I must say though, you'll never make it at UPS if your idea of fun/relaxation/enjoyment of life is smoking a joint and sitting in front of the TV watching movies. Are you serious? What kind of life is that?

I used to smoke when I was in high school. A lot. But, that was high school. You are going to get nowhere in life by smoking weed and watching movies. No wonder the state of the country is what it is. None of our youth have any motivation.

Sorry....but you are wrong....I also know of drivers who were piss tested following an accident.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There are a few drivers in my center, and its a running joke about them smoking pot. As long as they don't wreck, nobody says anything

Sent using BrownCafe App

Imme

It kind of seems like you want me to fail, but thanks for the answer. And to answer yours, I am a very aggressive and hard worker, why do you think UPS kept me on after the peak season, I started out on small sort then they moved me to sorting and then they moved me to unloader. I work everyday as an unloader and twice out of the week as a re-loader during the night. What I do for "fun/relaxation/enjoyment" should not affect my work. But thanks.

It kind of seems like you want me to fail, but thanks for the answer. And to answer yours, I am a very aggressive and hard worker, why do you think UPS kept me on after the peak season, I started out on small sort then they moved me to sorting and then they moved me to unloader. I work everyday as an unloader and twice out of the week as a re-loader during the night. What I do for "fun/relaxation/enjoyment" should not affect my work. But thanks.
If they drug tested everybody,half of the employees would be gone.....including management!