Drug test for peak season Package Drivers in GA???

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
That strip they put in your pee cup was to check for diabetes. Checking blood sugar. You have to sign a sheet saying you are aware of a drug test. That hasn't changed in 28 years I've been with brown.
well i'll be dipped in Brownstuff, I;d have SWORN i was told that was for drugs. Bloody hell I guess they have lied to me all those years. I learn something new everyday

upschuck

That strip they put in your pee cup was to check for diabetes. Checking blood sugar. You have to sign a sheet saying you are aware of a drug test. That hasn't changed in 28 years I've been with brown.
If you are in a serious accident, then they(DOT) will drug test you.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If you are in a serious accident, then they(DOT) will drug test you.

True, but that's not what he said. He was talking about the physical. For package car drivers, they make you pee and drop a strip in it. That is a standard diabetes urine sugar test. Trust me, they're worried about that test as much as any drug test. Insulin dependent, and you're done as a driver.

Yes, a wreck, and they can test you. Never said otherwise.

upschuck

True, but that's not what he said. He was talking about the physical. For package car drivers, they make you pee and drop a strip in it. That is a standard diabetes urine sugar test. Trust me, they're worried about that test as much as any drug test. Insulin dependent, and you're done as a driver.

Yes, a wreck, and they can test you. Never said otherwise.
You can get a federal waiver for insulin and drive commercially. Got one in center now.

I thought you were referencing 728 who said he got into a wreck and was drug tested, my bad. Now that I reread yours and his posts, I see that you were referring to his first sentence.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
well i'll be dipped in Brownstuff, I;d have SWORN i was told that was for drugs. Bloody hell I guess they have lied to me all those years. I learn something new everyday

Really, you didn't know? The lady that does our DOT always says:"Now, this is not a drug test." To which I reply: "Damn, I studied all night for nothing."

Sent using a Potato

Dracula

Trust me, back in my part-time days, the first time it happened to me, I ran out the door of the clinic and went straight to my Local. They laughed their ass off at me.

But the fact is, if you get tested for the illegals, you have to sign the form stating you know what you are being tested for. That's how the randoms go in feeders too. Nowadays, I LOVE getting tested in feeders. We get two hours to produce a sample of our sweet, sweet yellow stuff.

That's two hours of OT, in the bank, BA-BEE.

Dracula

You can get a federal waiver for insulin and drive commercially. Got one in center now.

I thought you were referencing 728 who said he got into a wreck and was drug tested, my bad. Now that I reread yours and his posts, I see that you were referring to his first sentence.

Nope, not if you have to inject it. Pills, yes, you can drive. But if you need shots, welcome to the hub, son.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Im wondering if ups drug tests peak season package drivers in Georgia. One of the managers asked everyone who isnt a driver; if they want to be a driver during the peak season. Ive been working as a preloader since last peak season, and they kept me on, and now I wanna do this because of the great pay. Ive done my research, but everywhere I go, everyone cannot stick to a complete yes or no if they drug test. Some say it all depends where you live, so does ANYONE know if they drug test you in Georgia? I go to class in August and its coming up. Im very willing to stop my recreation but I would rather not if I don't need to. :biggrin:
You can either quit smoking weed and make a lot of money, or keep smoking weed and stay in the hub. The choice is yours.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Really, you didn't know? The lady that does our DOT always says:"Now, this is not a drug test." To which I reply: "Damn, I studied all night for nothing."

Sent using a Potato
i was told a few years ago it was for drugs and never questioned it. I dont smoke so i never really gave it a second thought. My dont i feel foolish lol

barnyard

KTM rider
I thought the signature was to allow the lab to share the tests with UPS. Current HPPA law prevents sharing any medical info with anyone without your consent.

Dracula

upschuck

Almost positive that doesn't apply to the big rigs.

Everyone here (feeders)who has to go the injection route has to work a spotter in the yard.
It is for DOT card which is all that is needed(physically) for CDL, correct?. Don't know for positive, but pretty sure. I think local gives that as an option for UPS and UPS Freight who take insulin.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It is for DOT card which is all that is needed(physically) for CDL, correct?. Don't know for positive, but pretty sure. I think local gives that as an option for UPS and UPS Freight who take insulin.

DOT card and drug test is the only prerequisite for feeders.