Drug testing

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
We had a dues paying member at our local go in for drug testing. This is surprising given this individual is not only one of the best workers in the building, he's also never missed a day or been late during his time at our hub. Every supervisor seems to get along with him and speak highly of his overall work ethic.

My question is what constitutes as reasonable suspicion of an employee for an alcohol or drug test? I haven't seen him in over a week and am starting to think he may not be back.

We had a dues paying member at our local go in for drug testing. This is surprising given this individual is not only one of the best workers in the building, he's also never missed a day or been late during his time at our hub. Every supervisor seems to get along with him and speak highly of his overall work ethic.

My question is what constitutes as reasonable suspicion of an employee for an alcohol or drug test? I haven't seen him in over a week and am starting to think he may not be back.
Supposedly management is supposed to be trained to recognize drug and alcohol abuse
Personally I think it's a crock of crap

If he was on something I hope he admitted to it say that he would get a chance to get rehabilitated and not lose his job

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Has to be observed by 2 supervisors who have been trained or have signed off on being trained to spot someone that’s impaired

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Supposedly management is supposed to be trained to recognize drug and alcohol abuse

If he was on something I hope he admitted to it say that he would get a chance to get rehabilitated and not lose his job
I guess he just waits for the results to come back and hopefully he comes back

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Has to be observed by 2 supervisors who have been trained or have signed off on being trained to spot someone that’s impaired

Sups take a 10min CBT on drugs every year. That's their training. It's BS but that's why you shouldn't do drugs.
Have to love how the fate of someone's career and future ride in the hands of two UPS supes who might have 25 minutes combined of a Powerpoint class on impairment.

I went through an 80 hour course, 40 hour field training, and conducted no less than 15 evaluations to become a certified LE DRE (law enforcement drug recognition expert) and I still got it wrong occasionally.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

"The employee’s conduct must be witnessed by at least two (2) supervisors, if available. The witnesses must have received training in observing a person’s behavior to determine if a medical evaluation is required."

He has to admit to a problem first if he is a drug user.
If he comes back dirty and doesn't admit that he was using drugs he is gone

Yep.

You can't test positive, and then claim a problem.

My question is what constitutes as reasonable suspicion of an employee for an alcohol or drug test ?

It's totally subjective.

But, something happened to seriously raise the company suspicions.

After all.... the company pays for the test, and they don't do it "just for the hell of it".

:censored2: UPS. I got off some bad meds 5 years ago and the only person who helped me through it was on her 5th year (and is now on her 10th). One of the few redeeming ppl to stay in touch with. She rocked our SurePost and even helped load. Anyways I guess someone was intimidated by her energy and there was a slew of anonymous claims she was tweaked out. But when you're working 16-20 hours straight in the cold and drinking coffee I mean hey must be meth or crack cocaine right. Because who on earth could be so broke they gotta double shift and then some?

I couldn't believe it when they sat me down and asked very specific questions. We are pretty sure the person who complained was the one who was tweaked out, themselves! They quit less than 2 weeks in. And that anonymous tip would've ended a 15+ year career. My bosses all thought they were super police and telling me how I wasn't in trouble and she would get the help she needed, like what the :censored2:? :censored2: no. UPS can burn to the ground with every other :censored2:ty company that's busy getting what it deserves from covid. Disgusting, trash company.

542thruNthru

* UPS. I got off some bad meds 5 years ago and the only person who helped me through it was on her 5th year (and is now on her 10th). One of the few redeeming ppl to stay in touch with. She rocked our SurePost and even helped load. Anyways I guess someone was intimidated by her energy and there was a slew of anonymous claims she was tweaked out. But when you're working 16-20 hours straight in the cold and drinking coffee I mean hey must be meth or crack cocaine right. Because who on earth could be so broke they gotta double shift and then some?

I couldn't believe it when they sat me down and asked very specific questions. We are pretty sure the person who complained was the one who was tweaked out, themselves! They quit less than 2 weeks in. And that anonymous tip would've ended a 15+ year career. My bosses all thought they were super police and telling me how I wasn't in trouble and she would get the help she needed, like what the *? * no. UPS can burn to the ground with every other *ty company that's busy getting what it deserves from covid. Disgusting, trash company.
I'm confused if she wasn't tweaked out or on something then how did she get fired?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I'm confused if she wasn't tweaked out or on something then how did she get fired?
No bro.

I think he was the tweaker, but she was so hyped up they thought she was the crack head.

Still lost on the 5, 10, 15 year comments.

Also why was he sat down and grilled on it...

Seems like he got her fired, if she's fired.

If there's a she, or him.

Now it kinda reads like he was fired.

I think we've been played here.

Thread reported.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
No bro.

I think he was the tweaker, but she was so hyped up they thought she was the crack head.

Still lost on the 5, 10, 15 year comments.

Also why was he sat down and grilled on it...

Seems like he got her fired, if she's fired.

If there's a she, or him.

Now it kinda reads like he was fired.

I think we've been played here.

Thread reported.
Okay, karin.

No. The fate of someone's career rides on them not coming to work high or drunk.
Some folks like to smoke a joint after work and this is virtually harmless in comparison to alcohol. Unfortunately weed takes a lot of time to get out of your system, so when the company claims you're using on the job, it's nearly impossible to prove otherwise. The bill was signed into law under Reagan, and the war on drugs has done nothing but further impoverished communities. The amount of damage done by that man is immeasurable and generations will continue to be affected by his policy.

So no, it's not entirely that black and white as you would like it to be.