Dues and Don'ts

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We average fewer than 5 per day with average daily volume of 8-10K.
wdwalice2.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's going to keep people from retiring.

Only those who failed to properly plan for retirement.

There are 6 of us within 5 years of retirement. Of the 6, there may be 1 who works beyond his eligible date. He has young kids and has not taken care of his business.

The next 2 to go are myself and a female pkg driver. Our plans have not changed.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My projected monthly pension as of the first of this year was $5,500.

Obviously this is no longer the case, as it will be closer to $3,500/month, which is still nothing to sneeze at.

Your pension at 5500 /month sounds like it would be bankrupt the fund. That's very high. 3500/month sounds managable

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
12 hours a day...what are you babbling about? Preloaders start at 11.10/hr, not $10 and yes, when dues are taken out AND the amount vary by local. In some locals, dues are taken out weekly (or bi-weekly) and it can be as high as 3 times your hourly rate. In my local, dues come out once a month and I pay 2.5x my hourly rate.
For someone who's worked here well over a decade, your ignorance is overwhelming.

I can invite you over and you can borrow my 3 year old nephew's Speak n Spell Elmo.

You ever heard of a typo I meant 12 hours a week. Second my dues are twice a month at 26 bucks. I didn't say they start at anything I was saying if they made ten bucks an hour a hypothetical. 3rd I started at 8.50 in hour 15 years ago but I still got 20 hours a week. The point of the whole argument is they are paying 20 bucks for union dues, which i didnt ask if it was twice month or once a month. The question is if they pay too much. 4th i go back on what was being taking out on me when I made that much and I don't remember it being 20 bucks.

You ever heard of a typo I meant 12 hours a week. Second my dues are twice a month at 26 bucks. I didn't say they start at anything I was saying if they made ten bucks an hour a hypothetical. 3rd I started at 8.50 in hour 15 years ago but I still got 20 hours a week. The point of the whole argument is they are paying 20 bucks for union dues, which i didnt ask if it was twice month or once a month. The question is if they pay too much. 4th i go back on what was being taking out on me when I made that much and I don't remember it being 20 bucks.
Fedex hires part times also. They don't have to pay dues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So if you were in charge of hiring/ keeping employees you would give them the Fed Ex advice? UPS is offering $2,500 hiring bonuses for new guys and they STILL can't get enough people to come in.

UPS is not the only employer having a hard time hiring and retaining milleniels, who want to start at the top and make top $$$.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In my building Preloaders lost the extra Dollar Preload pay when PAS was put in. One more concession by the Local.
Not here. They can call it "skilled" vs "unskilled" pay....but the bottom line is the preload shift is harder to keep staffed than the local sort, and I believe the dollar extra is used more as an incentive by ups.

quamba 638

UPS is not the only employer having a hard time hiring and retaining milleniels, who want to start at the top and make top $$$.
I went on Wikipedia and according to that I'm a millennial along with my old oldest. 1980s- 2000. My oldest will be 16 this month, he's worked all summer long and will continue when school starts, even though he makes under $8 an hour. He going to post secondary in Cloquet this year while working too.
I don't see the millennial culture out in the country like I do in the city.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1473002006.385661.jpg