Dumb Things Mgmt or L.P. has told you, only to later have to backtrack on

Future

Victory Ride
The Bluetooth situation is an issue in the building. It creates interference with the smart scanners causing the scanner portion to disassociate from the base unit.

And before anybody says that is rubbish. The issue was fixed in our center when we asked driver to shut off all bluetooth when returning to the building.
Rubbish!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Absolutely NO DR's at the Front Door

No DR's to homes for sale

Lunch begins the second after the stop before it and ends when you are back on Trace

rod

Retired 22 years
I had 3 or 4 different center manager's come in and tell me I was running my route wrong-- sheeting things wrong and basically not doing anything right. So I would start running it the way they wanted-sheet the way they wanted and it usually only took about a week before I was told to "just go back and do it like I used to".

PT Car Washer

Sometimes the spa label is different than address label, see it a lot.
UPS even has a name for it. Off SPA when the SPA queen scans one package and sticks the PAL label on a different package. Usually happens with a bunch and drivers receive a DIAD message warning them to check the address label before delivering. Also PAS will "flip" some addresses for who knows what reason.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS even has a name for it. Off SPA when the SPA queen scans one package and sticks the PAL label on a different package. Usually happens with a bunch and drivers receive a DIAD message warning them to check the address label before delivering. Also PAS will "flip" some addresses for who knows what reason.

We call them "out of sync PALs".

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
we call them out of sync as well. When I send in the misload, I type, out of sync will not deliver.

DOK

The Bluetooth situation is an issue in the building. It creates interference with the smart scanners causing the scanner portion to disassociate from the base unit.

And before anybody says that is rubbish. The issue was fixed in our center when we asked driver to shut off all bluetooth when returning to the building.

That's my beef, come up with something that doesn't interfere with my, or the rest of the worlds technology.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I believe my loader would load 60 large boxes (made of Chinese cardboard, with yellow strapping) going to a residence. He never questions anything; just load by the PAL label.

Bottom rung

I think it's complete rubbish. Bluetooth only works 30 feet at best. If it's losing contact there is a problem with hardware they are using, probably because it came from the lowest bidder. Feeder drivers & shifters are driving all around your building and walking through with bluetooth on all the time. More likely it's that crappy breakroom microwave that has had food nuked so hard in it that the seal is bad. Microwaves are very hostile to wireless. In general, UPS buildings are hostile wireless environments. All that unshielded electrical for the belt system, lots of concrete and metal, the fluorescent lights....basically it's usually buildings designed for 1950's technology being wired, but not adapted, to today's tech.
I guarantee every driver isn't shutting off bluetooth when they return to your building. But being UPS, it's always the driver's fault.
We were fed this line of crap when I was a sorter. The I.T. guys didn't wanna hear that their scanners were junk. So I turned on the Bluetooth. No change, still disconnected just as often. The next day I.T. and management came at me saying I was sabotaging the sort. I laughed and told them my phone was in my car. Maybe the signal is stronger now, who knows.