Dumb Things Mgmt or L.P. has told you, only to later have to backtrack on

Ms.PacMan

We can't order new uniforms

image.jpeg

clean hairy

"Follow Orion 100% no exceptions"
"Okey dokey Boss!"
Next morning.
"You had late airs and missed some pick ups, I had a lot of complaints on you! Why did you miss service?"
"You told me to run Orion 100%, yes? I was working as directed!"
"Are you being a smart Alec? I do not want you missing service on ANY today! You understand me?"
"First, thank you for calling me smart"
"Second, my name is not Alec, I thought you know my name after all this time!"
"Third, since you speak English, and I understand English, yes I understand you!"
"Are we done? If I do not get out soon, I will have late airs. BTW, do you want I should Orion 100% today, same as yesterday?"
"I don't care what you do, just run the route so you have no service failures!"
"So, I am being instructed NOT to run Orion 100%? I just want to work as directed, you know!"
"GET OUT OF HERE!"

AlphaMikeBravo

Here is a tale from the HUB.

"Don't worry about building the wall, just tail load the rest, we are almost done..."

10 minutes later, we get about 1/2 truck worth of irregs to load. We now have to do double work and move all the packages we tail loaded back to the last wall and make space. No problem, I get paid by the hour...

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
We use the term "Bad Slaps". Most of my missed pieces have the wrong SPA label on them, the Preloaders don't look at both labels.

I will step on the truck and ask the loader "Where you got the hospital today?"

He doesn't even know he has loaded any hospital pieces.
Me: Mind Blown

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
UPS issued you a phone? Wow! What region are you from?
No, its my personal phone. And yes, I use it to communicate with management. Unlike DIAD messages, which can be deleted or conveniently ignored, the text messages I send to management regarding operational or safety issues are saved to MY phone and allow ME to retain a record of the communication. And they cant discipline a driver for using his cell phone on company time or keeping it in the cab if they are the ones calling and sending messages to it in the first place.

FilingBluesFL

All drivers MUST hit their FIRST stop in Orion! 30 seconds after PCM, need you to help another driver with air...
-But I won't hit my first Orion stop since these are before mine.
- have to make an exception today

- ok boss, no problem

For a long while I was doing exactly this. Deliver first ORION stop EVERY day. Then it became flavor of the month.

Of course, one day I was told to deliver an Early AM for another driver. The next day, the D***weed district manager comes over to "help" me...

"I saw yesterday, you didn't deliver your first ORION stop..."

"Yeah, because I was told not to and deliver an Early AM for another driver..."

"Well, do you think TODAY you can go to your first ORION stop first? Can you do that for me?"

"I've been doing it that way every single day that I haven't been instructed to go elsewhere first..."

"Yeah, but today, CAN YOU do that for ME? Your first ORION stop today?"

"I'll see what I can do, no guarantee's...."

friend'ing idiots...

brown67

No, its my personal phone. And yes, I use it to communicate with management. Unlike DIAD messages, which can be deleted or conveniently ignored, the text messages I send to management regarding operational or safety issues are saved to MY phone and allow ME to retain a record of the communication. And they cant discipline a driver for using his cell phone on company time or keeping it in the cab if they are the ones calling and sending messages to it in the first place.

Most package car drivers I know take pictures of the diad screen with their cell phones for proof of messages.

watdaflock?

I will step on the truck and ask the loader "Where you got the hospital today?"

He doesn't even know he has loaded any hospital pieces.
And some ignorant drivers believe all preloaders have the time to match up both labels for every package.

It is the preloaders job to put the package where it belongs in the PC, going by the SPA label. Its not the preloaders job to monitor and correct the unloaders/scanners label mistakes.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
"Follow Orion 100% no exceptions"
"Okey dokey Boss!"
Next morning.
"You had late airs and missed some pick ups, I had a lot of complaints on you! Why did you miss service?"
"You told me to run Orion 100%, yes? I was working as directed!"
"Are you being a smart Alec? I do not want you missing service on ANY today! You understand me?"
"First, thank you for calling me smart"
"Second, my name is not Alec, I thought you know my name after all this time!"
"Third, since you speak English, and I understand English, yes I understand you!"
"Are we done? If I do not get out soon, I will have late airs. BTW, do you want I should Orion 100% today, same as yesterday?"
"I don't care what you do, just run the route so you have no service failures!"
"So, I am being instructed NOT to run Orion 100%? I just want to work as directed, you know!"
"GET OUT OF HERE!"
I keep asking them do you want me run Orion or not? You only need to run 85%. Ok, where on the board does it tell me the percentage I am running? I get a blank stare

govols019

You smell that?
And some ignorant drivers believe all preloaders have the time to match up both labels for every package.

It is the preloaders job to put the package where it belongs in the PC, going by the SPA label. Its not the preloaders job to monitor and correct the unloaders/scanners label mistakes.

Uhhhhh....yes, making sure the spa label matches IS your job.

Overpaid Union Thug

Per the methods it's the preloaders job to verify that the address matches the address on the SPA. If preloaders don't have time to do so then why do they seem to have plenty of time to talk to each other about fantasy football?

Overpaid Union Thug

While out on an S&V Ride being told by the ORS "I would have backed in that driveway to save miles." then a few days later the same ORS announces that our district is having a contest to see which center can have the least backs.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Was given an early am to deliver , that had been attempted earlier but customer was not open yet, I delivered it , it came up late, chose " customer opens after commit time" as reason, was given a warning letter and told was not allowed to use that .............