Dumb Things Mgmt or L.P. has told you, only to later have to backtrack on

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Are you sure?

Metaphysics aside........isn't it because the computer needs a point of reference from which to orient and base/start all other algorithms from?
The computer uses the center as a starting point. They gave us numbers when we first got ORION. If someone goes to the first stop on ORION their trace is likely to be so many more % points higher than the guy who goes somewhere else. I can't remember the exact number but it was significant.

browntroll

didnt have a cellphone pass for years because management said i had no good reason to have a cellphone inside the hub, now they say its good i have
my cellphone with me so they can call me when my belt stops or theres a jam.
samething as first one LP took forever to give me a pass since they dont want to many ppl having cellphones inside the hub now they hand them out to
ppl that havent even passed probation.
i cant move to another area because i dont have enough seniority or not enough room, they get new hires for that area because they need ppl for that area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds similar to the fraud UPS commits by continually issuing Dish Netwok call tags, even though they send a return label in every box. They pay for it, so let's hush & keep their $. It ain't right, plus it's a pain in all of our butts!

UPS is simply doing what Dish Network wants them to do. There is nothing fraudulent about that.

FilingBluesFL

Do it twice and get the miles. More miles = less stops (in theory anyway, probably no difference in a large center). Several guys in our center do that, management knows and does nothing.

I had an OJS one day on a route, where you have to go to this same building three different times, for three different commit times. Two to the same suite.

I went there all three times within the +-15 minute window...

Supervisor just about flipped his wig, "Why didn't you just do them all at once when you went here the first time?"

"Oh, that's what's called 'Pickup compliance.' Something you specifically instruct us to follow. Don't like it? Then YOU fix it."

And that was the end of that lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had an OJS one day on a route, where you have to go to this same building three different times, for three different commit times. Two to the same suite.

Supervisor just about flipped his wig, "Why didn't you just do them all at once when you went here the first time?"

"Oh, that's what's called 'Pickup compliance.' Something you specifically instruct us to follow. Don't like it? Then YOU fix it."

Why do you have to be such a dick?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Classic. I wish I had 100 clones of you when I was in Package.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Why do you have to be such a dick?
image.jpg

trickpony1

The computer uses the center as a starting point. They gave us numbers when we first got ORION. If someone goes to the first stop on ORION their trace is likely to be so many more % points higher than the guy who goes somewhere else. I can't remember the exact number but it was significant.

...or maybe ORION uses the center (point 1) and the first stop (point 2) to triangulate the next and subsequent stops?

"triangulate" is my big word for today.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Apparently, the management people who text me and call me on my cell phone for work issues are unaware of the rule that supposedly prohibits us from having cell phones in the cab or using them on company time.

The solution to that problem is DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE FOR UPS. I never answer mine useless it is from my Steward. Not for Drivers or Management.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
That is correct, the center is the origin point
Right, which would maybe work if the optimization worked in real time and updated after every stop.

But this system does not work as it is setup now, navigation code would need detailed algorithms ( which I think is almost impossible due to the amount of code needed) that accurately map out roadways and not have one stop on one side of a turnpike as stop 1 and stop 2 on the other side of the turnpike when you have to drive 2 to 3 miles to get to the other side.

Ms.PacMan

I just figured it has to do with time allowance in ODO vs. RDO. Seems like an awfully big hard on for the first stop when they know drivers aren't following it.

trickpony1

No one said black lives didn't matter.

If "black lives" would quit doing stupid stuff like assaulting police officers and aiming airsoft guns at law enforcement, they wouldn't get shot.

Rocket science, I know.