Dumb Things Mgmt or L.P. has told you, only to later have to backtrack on

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
I have a dental tech on route that moved to my area over a year ago with daily p/u, have tried over a dozen times with many various levels of command to be put in diad. They wont so now I put it under unscheduled everyday.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I have a dental tech on route that moved to my area over a year ago with daily p/u, have tried over a dozen times with many various levels of command to be put in diad. They wont so now I put it under unscheduled everyday.

I have several bogus PU accounts that they won't remove from my board. Idiots

wayfair

swollen member
This is not necessarily true. Old P/U accounts in the P/U log are usually the result of a PDS not doing his/her job.

weird.
I've got a pick up that has moved nearly 2 years ago.. still in my board. Told him/PDS about it and was told that the p/u account was to be canceled from their end because they keep paying their bill.

Drink Craft Beer

Per the methods it's the preloaders job to verify that the address matches the address on the SPA. If preloaders don't have time to do so then why do they seem to have plenty of time to talk to each other about fantasy football?
Since the inception of the spa, never once have I heard a supervisor / center manager stress looking at the labels and make sure they match. The majority of mis-loads (by pre-loaders) are from putting the wrong package on the wrong truck due to not paying attn. to truck # with spa # cause the addresses would still match-up.

Really, the only time they would'nt match up would be packages going to the same business but having the same business in multiple locations. Which would be the DCAP persons fault when said person was fixing a blank label. (sending to wrong Wal-mart,CVS, Dollar Genral....etc...etc.. in different locations

Very rarely will an address match-up with a different zip code and get through the system, ready to load.

edit:...plus, when loading 3 or 4 packages at a time, it's hard to match-up address and spa labels due to minimal lighting in the cars. Obviously drivers know how small and fading print some print is on the address labels.

Last edited:

UpsYours

I have the same pick up in my board twice .2 different p/u times?same billing # only requires 1 attempt . dont bother to complete 2nd p/u . told fools many times .still there.as far as unscheduled p/u we cant do that either we just message center to send the p/u to us so its in board..

Overpaid Union Thug

Since the inception of the spa, never once have I heard a supervisor / center manager stress looking at the labels and make sure they match. The majority of mis-loads (by pre-loaders) are from putting the wrong package on the wrong truck due to not paying attn. to truck # with spa # cause the addresses would still match-up.

Really, the only time they would'nt match up would be packages going to the same business but having the same business in multiple locations. Which would be the DCAP persons fault when said person was fixing a blank label. (sending to wrong Wal-mart,CVS, Dollar Genral....etc...etc.. in different locations

Very rarely will an address match-up with a different zip code and get through the system, ready to load.

edit:...plus, when loading 3 or 4 packages at a time, it's hard to match-up address and spa labels due to minimal lighting in the cars. Obviously drivers know how small and fading print some print is on the address labels.
You are still required to verify that they match.

Dr.Brownz

I have the same pick up in my board twice .2 different p/u times?same billing # only requires 1 attempt . dont bother to complete 2nd p/u . told fools many times .still there.as far as unscheduled p/u we cant do that either we just message center to send the p/u to us so its in board..

Do it twice and get the miles. More miles = less stops (in theory anyway, probably no difference in a large center). Several guys in our center do that, management knows and does nothing.

trickpony1

The idea is if you start your day using ORION you are more likely to follow it and have a higher trace %.

Are you sure?

Metaphysics aside........isn't it because the computer needs a point of reference from which to orient and base/start all other algorithms from?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I totally forgot the most frequent thing Management has said and had to backtrack on each and every time:

"I am terminating you for..."

The only power they have is that we allow them.

S

selfcancelsignal

This is not necessarily true. Old P/U accounts in the P/U log are usually the result of a PDS not doing his/her job.
Lickily, our center has a good one. He told me the customer has to call to cancel a regularly scheduled pick up, but he (the OMS) can at least unassign them so they're not in my DIAD.

S

selfcancelsignal

weird.
I've got a pick up that has moved nearly 2 years ago.. still in my board. Told him/PDS about it and was told that the p/u account was to be canceled from their end because they keep paying their bill.
Sounds similar to the fraud UPS commits by continually issuing Dish Netwok call tags, even though they send a return label in every box. They pay for it, so let's hush & keep their $. It ain't right, plus it's a pain in all of our butts!

PT Car Washer

Sounds similar to the fraud UPS commits by continually issuing Dish Netwok call tags, even though they send a return label in every box. They pay for it, so let's hush & keep their $. It ain't right, plus it's a pain in all of our butts!
Dish Network is using UPS drivers like a bad debt collector when we knock on the door wanting their equipment back. Easy stop. NR 1.