Dynamic Orion - Turn by Turn Directions & Why RDO Is Dead In UPS's Own Words Part - 2

The Real Jack RyanMI6

New Logistics for a New World

UPS President of U.S. Operations Myron Gray spoke at the 2017 Investors Conference, explaining how change will drive the logistics network of the future.

We finished Phase One of ORION last year. So far, we’ve reduced the number of miles we need to run our routes by more than 210 million, which helped us increase the average stops per mile by 9 percent.

We also promised that ORION would help us save 6 to 8 miles per driver a day, and we’ve already met that estimate. ORION will become an even more important tool in the future. We’re generating more than $400 million in annual cost savings and avoidance.

We are now deep into development of a dynamic, real-time version of ORION that we’ll roll out with complete coverage in 2019. This next phase of ORION will serve as a springboard for significant gains in integration, system efficiencies, and the capability to implement profitable premium customer services.

The new version of ORION will mark the biggest leap yet in functionality, with dynamic updates, better navigation and dispatch decisions. And since we have experience at deploying ORION, we will implement this real-time version quicker and cheaper than the first phase of ORION. Once the additional phases are in place, we expect to realize a cumulative $150 million to 200 million in additional annual savings when fully implemented.

So Ask your BA and Stewards - Given dynamic orions abilty to reduce miles and therefore our plan day, how will that affect the amount of routes going to RPCD's and the amount of 22.4's per day? I mean come on guys this has been public knowedge since 2017!!! Surley, this has been discussed, given both the Union and Company are pushing this contract so much and according to my Steward he's the only one I Can Trust. My question is What was talked about in these meetings. Two Person or Otherwise?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
New Logistics for a New World

UPS President of U.S. Operations Myron Gray spoke at the 2017 Investors Conference, explaining how change will drive the logistics network of the future.

We finished Phase One of ORION last year. So far, we’ve reduced the number of miles we need to run our routes by more than 210 million, which helped us increase the average stops per mile by 9 percent.

We also promised that ORION would help us save 6 to 8 miles per driver a day, and we’ve already met that estimate. ORION will become an even more important tool in the future. We’re generating more than $400 million in annual cost savings and avoidance.

We are now deep into development of a dynamic, real-time version of ORION that we’ll roll out with complete coverage in 2019. This next phase of ORION will serve as a springboard for significant gains in integration, system efficiencies, and the capability to implement profitable premium customer services.

The new version of ORION will mark the biggest leap yet in functionality, with dynamic updates, better navigation and dispatch decisions. And since we have experience at deploying ORION, we will implement this real-time version quicker and cheaper than the first phase of ORION. Once the additional phases are in place, we expect to realize a cumulative $150 million to 200 million in additional annual savings when fully implemented.

So Ask your BA and Stewards - Given dynamic orions abilty to reduce miles and therefore our plan day, how will that affect the amount of routes going to RPCD's and the amount of 22.4's per day? I mean come on guys this has been public knowedge since 2017!!! Surley, this has been discussed, given both the Union and Company are pushing this contract so much and according to my Steward he's the only one I Can Trust. My question is What was talked about in these meetings. Two Person or Otherwise?
How many parts are there going to be?

browned out

I agree with the OP.

I am sure the Teamsters know about UPS's major plans that will be implemented after the contract goes thru.

Something like.........UPS partnering with Target or Macy's. Or UPS instituting a new package weight limit of 200lbs.

There is a lot more UPS and the Union are not telling us.

More reason to vote this concessionary piece of garbage down.

Tony Q

Now it’s a system of late air and the only priority is a sup chasing missed all day. And guys like @Tony Q think it’s our wages that will put UPS out of business? Lmfboooooo!
I think we need to take the to the picket lines. I know that your principal officer and your guys were never Hofficers and will do a great job on the picket lines. Stick with them, you'll learn a lot from those guys.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I think we need to take the to the picket lines. I know that your principal officer and your guys were never Hofficers and will do a great job on the picket lines. Stick with them, you'll learn a lot from those guys.
If my local supports my ideal of a vote no, then I’m with them.

Tony Q

To vote no on the master. I have yet to see the full supplement so I’ll wait to judge that.
Sean already told everyone to vote yes on the eastern supplement and vote no on everything else. You know this. There is going to be a work stoppage in everyones future. They will force Sean to put people on the street. Surprise.