UPS adds dynamic routing to ORION, saving 2-4 miles per driver

Big Rigger

Crossing over a 4 lane highway, making right hand turns into traffic, reaching out of your range of motion to reach for pkgs out of sequence and climbing over pkgs are all unsafe methods but all those safe methods goes out the window when you are told to follow ORION. You either follow ORION or Work Safe. To do safe work methods 100% of the time you have to eliminate all the above examples of unsafe conditions I mentioned above and then you would have to pretty much throw ORION out completely. It is like them telling you “You are instructed to jump in that pool but don’t get wet” It is impossible to do both 100% of the time and if someone says I follow ORION as much as safe. Well then how can you be told you have to follow it 90% of the time. What if eliminating ”All” unsafe actions of ORION means you can only follow it 40% of the time that day?
What it means is that you will not climb over pkgs and omit using your power zone. Unloading the truck to get to out of reach pkgs is working safely and following orion. End of story. That is all I commented on.
The company leadership knows that stupid drivers will do stupid things to make their stupid fake numbers.

I remember a driver telling the center manager that he could run a metro route scratch that no driver could get within an hour of that ever changing goal line. He's out on disability now... probably his seventh surgery since he's been running like a raped ape. Have at it. Upsers learn way too late that they are pawns on a chessboard and the carrot on the stick is never closer no matter how hard you run.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I found that the best way to set up a route was to go on route with the driver and get the drivers input and then work with the preload to get them to load the drivers package car as such......that way the drivers area knowledge was incorporated/built into their route ....who was I to tell a driver with 20 years on the same area and knew the seasonal restraints and all of her/his customers and was often times able to drop off their parcels at their place of work......most of my time and effort was on the preload getting their brownie loaded correctly.......
Drop off at their place of work. Only if they’re a maroon. Quick way to :censored2: themselves

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
ORION: A cautionary tale

ORION 1.0 - basically RDO with some minor, but really stupid, stop shuffling just to show that ORION actually does something, even though it's worse.

ORION 2.0 - Apparently the ORION solution is the complete randomization of a route.

ORION 3.0 - all the randomization of 2.0, several times a day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
These new supervisors are going to know where your route is unless they can see it on the computer screen
They're all 30-day wonders that never had any experience delivering packages and probably most of them still live at home with mommy and daddy..
All the full times drive late model BMW’s
It’s hilarious