E-Star* Update!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What about 0s @59 Dano ? Can estar automatically slot those into the correct route or does the manager just have to guess what route those might go on?
Now all of a sudden a couple wrong 0s just destroyed your entire route.
Also what happens if the roads labels get off?
It's up to the station's PIO to correct those during the sort.

MAKAVELI

I see. They should never use EStar because a road might be closed one afternoon. Better wait on that software that's 100% perfect in 100% of all situations!
So far the software has shown it's not better than an experienced courier. You say it needs input from couriers. Why it's supposed to be better?

shartpost

I see. They should never use EStar because a road might be closed one afternoon. Better wait on that software that's 100% perfect in 100% of all situations!

It's not just that you ass clown. Up til this point I’ve never had a positive change after pointing out a problem to my station engineers. All I ever hear is, “HURR DURR it’s built in.” In FedEx translation this means whatever problem or delay I’m pointing out doesn’t need to be fixed because this system is designed to work despite those errors. So if it needs input from couriers as they go along then it's far from perfect and inefficient as all hell. And since it's designed to work around said errors then nobody's going to fix it. I'm willing to bet more stations are dealing with this lack of feedback too. Some stations are using pee stain as it is now and the result is a ton of lates, missed pickups, DEX01s filling cages and what not. It's never going to work as intended and if the goal is to give the customer a specific two-hour estimated delivery window then it's futile when we have to break route to save the senior's ass inevitably.

El Morado Diablo

It's like being told that there's software that's going to play a role in the daily performance of your job and you have the ability to help make that software work more in your favor, and saying, "No thanks, I'd rather whine about how it doesn't work well because they won't listen to my suggestions."

The don't want suggestions.
If they did they would ask BEFORE they they tried to develop the software in the first place.

Nolimitz

When properly set up and maintained, it can save significant amounts of onroad labor. It's a lot of tedious work upfront and those who don't want to go through the trouble of doing it get to deal with the trouble of using something that isn't better optimized to serve their workgroup.
Thats why our senior got our launch moved from May 30 to Aug 31. I'm betting he tries for Dec 31 going forward LMAO. see you are still the Co Troll

Nolimitz

I have a major highway that is closed 3-4 months and open the other 3-4 months twice a year. I have to go almost 100 miles out of the way during closures. IF I don't tell a manager or eng. (that I never see) they would never have a clue as they refuse to even look at the state DOT road closures. This is a 5 yr project blasting away a phreaking mountain side. How is P-star going to work around that

I'm a Computer Science graduate, and as someone who's actually educated on the subject of algorithm design, this 59 Dano guy is an ass-clown. The TL;DR is E-STAR is a really :censored2:ty attempt at solving the travelling salesman problem.

thedownhillEXPRESS

It's up to the station's PIO to correct those during the sort.
So far it’s impossible at our station on Mondays.
Hundreds of zeros and they get to correct maybe 20% of them at most. We sit around after the sort and wait for the managers to finally give up and then everyone is fighting over what 0’s are theirs. Yeah, that 0 is mine when not running EStar but it’s not today when I’m going 30 miles away, and good luck trying to determine who’s it is at that point without knowing all the stops on everyone’s route.

Star B

White Lightening
So far it’s impossible at our station on Mondays.
Hundreds of zeros and they get to correct maybe 20% of them at most. We sit around after the sort and wait for the managers to finally give up and then everyone is fighting over what 0’s are theirs. Yeah, that 0 is mine when not running EStar but it’s not today when I’m going 30 miles away, and good luck trying to determine who’s it is at that point without knowing all the stops on everyone’s route.
Holy hell, your PIO sucks then.

Two PIOs, 5k packages and the only thing left on the screen is the missorts that the CSAs yell at us if we hit the OMIT button

Guitarman01

lol have you seen the estar comments on reddit?

"E-star is so bad it makes people who put years into this company like 20+ wanna leave"

"I don't even know why they WANT to use it. We started EStar full time and everyday it's a :censored2: show. Everyone's working OT, midday bringing 30+ packages back every night, customers are complaining, businesses are confused as :censored2: why they see a different driver everyday, and drivers are confused as :censored2: where businesses are at/where to go"

"I drove 18 minutes today to deliver one envelope 3 towns away. And it was assigned to me by estar."

bacha29

And by what standard of treatment of its workforce has FedEx earned any kind of right to dedication to assist in making something work that has, at its root, making that workforce replaceable and dispensable?

You really DO need an anal craniotomy!
Confirms what I said about the guy years ago. He has a bad case of cranial recktalitis.

Questions Needed Answered

The irony of all of this is that no one has pointed out that "some" people (and we "all" know who we're talking about) voice the opinion that e star is great, and removes the carrier from the equation, yet they're not willing to give up their pay as a previous manager who's now turned courier while using e star. I mean, it's almost like a slap in the face, ain't it Dano?

?

I usually don't get touchy feely but I'm going to now. All couriers have felt this "thing" from customers and management where we don't ever even get seen until there's a problem. No one gives a rip about us until it comes time to blame us, then it's *all* upon us. Maybe e star is the best thing that's ever happened to couriers, now we can really not be seen and not care and we can be given the release that we all wanted. None of us wanted this kind of responsibility, but it's been thrown on us until it's inconvenient. Plot twist it's now going to be as inconvenient to the company as it is to us.

"I drove 18 minutes today to deliver one envelope 3 towns away. And it was assigned to me by estar."

Sounds like a good time to listen to a podcast and enjoy the ride. This is how I choose to rebel against stupidity, allow it to happen and calculate the best outcome for myself. Very Machiavellian. It's amazing how little has changed in 600+ years other than being the "prince" or ruled by "the prince."