E-Star* Update!

thedownhillEXPRESS

I was hopeful, I really was.
Who doesn't want to pick up their LEO, not argue with people about stops and take the thinking out of it?
After witnessing another Saturday debacle, lets just say you better keep thinking.

SmithBarney

Our estar launch is delayed til fall(right before peak) not enough equipment apparently, we are also short 20-30 leos a day.

10-27

We started ESTAR on Saturdays about 3 weeks ago. Management are thumping their chest about making service, not a word about it taking double the routes to do it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We started ESTAR on Saturdays about 3 weeks ago. Management are thumping their chest about making service, not a word about it taking double the routes to do it.
Most stations can’t even get freight on time and now service is important this week? 🤣

McFeely

Huge Member

I'm wondering if we'll ever have enough staffing to do regular SRA routes, forget about e-star.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Most stations can’t even get freight on time and now service is important this week? 🤣
Chasing Alice down the rabbit hole.

85764AE1-53F3-4377-AA54-FC8FCC4BB08B.jpeg

FedEx time!

HedleyLamarr

E Star was activated at my station last Saturday. It will only be used on Saturdays for now, but I was told it went poorly. Someone had an FO and it was listed as his 15th stop. They shut it off a few hours into the day.

ExizFed

E Star was activated at my station last Saturday. It will only be used on Saturdays for now, but I was told it went poorly. Someone had an FO and it was listed as his 15th stop. They shut it off a few hours into the day.
FedEx needs to stop trying to be like Amazon.

Nolimitz

What exactly is E Star?
Turn by turn, Stop order must be followed regardless of route/knowledge or a stops at 123 main and another at 125 Main that are 4-5 hours apart. You may get 5-10 stops on way to original route and 5-10 on return trip to station. pray you get your outbound back before shuttle leaves

SmithBarney

But can’t you ignore it and run a route more efficiently?
According to Estar, your route isn't more efficient...
Just like DRA, you are expected to stay within a certain % of the "plan"
That assume your Zeros' are some how factored in as well as addresses that show up in random areas on the map(I have an aparment complex and the dots show up in 5 or 6 places on my map about 4 miles away from the actual location.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What exactly is E Star?
Turn by turn, Stop order must be followed regardless of route/knowledge or a stops at 123 main and another at 125 Main that are 4-5 hours apart. You may get 5-10 stops on way to original route and 5-10 on return trip to station. pray you get your outbound back before shuttle leaves
Crap that FedEx wastes their money on that’ll be abandoned once they see how much it’ll cost in overtime and service failures.
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U loves it.