Easy Win For President Trump?

El Correcto

god is dead
Hell you don’t even have to take my word for it.

look at the leaders promising you peace on the campaign trail. Once they occupy the office and have the veil of perception lifted from them, their lofty ideals of pulling our troops out go to the wayside.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I never accused you of bigotry. I accused you of being a parrot.

Does /poly/ want a cracker?
Yes believing in a non interventionist foreign policy obviously makes me a white supremacist radicalized by online hate websites that need to be shut down.

I'm enjoying watching you push the Democrats' pro war positions.
Hilarious.

Box Ox

I’ve heard y’all case for withdrawing from the Middle East.

I think it’s a piss poor one.

1. our volunteer troops are too stupid to know better. We need to save them.
2. Another country can handle decades worth of heavy lifting in the Middle East and have the proper knowledge and assets to do so.
3. The Muslims are not a threat to us.
4. Why does America have to police the world?
5.Why do you support big government doing this?

1.Volunteers, volunteering to kill America’s enemies.
2. No they can’t and they won’t. America out spends the entire world on military. We have the most advanced everything and the capability to sustain decade long wars. How do you know which “lesser evil” they will choose to fund and build up next? What kind of governments will they nurture into the middle? Keep in mind North Korea and China are besties.
3. They clearly are, they do nothing but form caliphates and plot terror attacks.
4. It’s not “policing” when something wants to kill you. Should we just wait for another 9/11 or for a nuclear power to rise in the Middle East? Which generation will have to go back over there? We are just going to kick this problem down the road for political wins? Disgusting mentality.
5. This is one of the jobs the federal government is good at and meant to do. Killing foreign enemies that are a threat to us domestically.

What do you think the Republican reaction would have been had it been Obama who ordered an immediate troop pullout after a phone conversation with Erdogan? The excuses are just cover for Trump.

newfie

What do you think the Republican reaction would have been had it been Obama who ordered an immediate troop pullout after a phone conversation with Erdogan? The excuses are just cover for Trump.

i agree the objections are politically motivated . The difference is the obama white house would not have had conservatives working in the administration leaking and spinning everything about Obama in a negative fashion as this was spun.

in this case Trump has been very vocal about leaving Syria as quickly as possible. Mad dog resigned over him wanting to do so. its likely that its one of the reasons that drove Bolton out . So everyone knew that while Trump had agreed to stay in syria a little longer he was itching to get out as soon as possible and probably looking for a new reason to do so.

Turkey saying they were going in was the perfect opportunity. let them deal with the mess.

but the story you present here is how its been spun by the military / intelligence community .
I dont know how much of a deep state we have but we have a military state that works to keep us embedded in conflicts around the world.

El Correcto

god is dead
The non interventionists wouldn’t be praising Obama as much and telling the truth of the situation. We are still in the Middle East, he still hasn’t gotten our troops home. Not giving him as much credit. I think that would be the biggest.

War hawks would be crying treason.

I’m just saying there is a reason Obama didn’t continue his campaign promises to end the wars. This isn’t like Vietnam, America isn’t ripping these boys out of jobs and their homes shaving their heads and sending them to die. We have good reason to oversee how one of the most radical terrorist filled areas of the world shapes out.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Turkey is our only Ally in that region.

We often fight alongside other troops that share a similar objective. Those mutually beneficial relationships do not require that we are then obligated to risk our lives protecting them for eternity.
In this case we actually have other forces that also helped us fight Isis we are not obligated to also protect them from their historical enemies.
Turkey is going to be the next superpower in the coming years. a sleeper for sure.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Turkey is going to be the next superpower in the coming years. a sleeper for sure.
1569475016996m.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Probably the same ... you are talking about partisan politicians that change their views on a dime.