Ec package

barnyard

KTM rider
Can the company discipline me if I ask the neighbor to accept the package without the consignees permission? Not signature required package.

I have done that. Really long driveway, drifted over and wind in the forecast for the next week. On the other side of the road, the house is 15 yards off the road. I can see the owner watching me in his window. I walk over, ask if he will take the package for the neighbor. "Sure. I have to plow out his driveway about 5:30, they get home about 6."

If he did not know them, I probably would not have.

FilingBluesFL

Just so you know, night clerks rarely, if ever, call to find addresses.

Our clerks were apparently instructed not to bother calling people anymore, put it on postcard if there's nothing in the system, and hope for the best.

Works great with all the campground people that don't put a lot number on their addresses....

Tough Guy

If there happened to be a phone number on the box, I would try to call Them and see if they could come up to meet you. I've had a few people come up and meet me at the roadway before.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If there happened to be a phone number on the box, I would try to call Them and see if they could come up to meet you. I've had a few people come up and meet me at the roadway before.

Here come all the responses of people saying that "UPS doesn't pay for my cell phone so I'm not using it for their business."

See what you started!!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I hate. This. I didn't sheet the package nsn to have you slap good address on it.
As a former clerk. Usually the customer swears up and down the address is correct. Gives you the run around. It is sometimes the driver though. In our system we have notes as to when the last package was delivered to that address. If it was good 3 months ago, it's probably good now.

Also if clerks are getting packages back late they're not going to call. Most people don't appreciate getting phone calls at 930 from UPS saying "So where do you live?"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This was an EC package, Dave. If "our guy" could get to the door to leave a DN, I believe "our guy" would have left the package.

The question was whether it is up to the receiver initiate the address correction. Unless the consignee has been tracking the package, how is he/she to know that we made an attempt(s) if we don't leave the DN?

Future

Victory Ride
Just a thought ....if a driver has a EC....it should be delivered to a AP that day if at all possible and customer notified

oldngray

nowhere special
Some customers don't like their neighbors and will call in and complain if you indirect their package to a neighbor. Even though you would be following methods you might still get a complaint in your file. I never had a complaint from a send again but I did have a couple from indirecting. If you know the area you learn where and who to indirect packages. If in doubt, it can wait until tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some customers don't like their neighbors and will call in and complain if you indirect their package to a neighbor. Even though you would be following methods you might still get a complaint in your file. I never had a complaint from a send again but I did have a couple from indirecting. If you know the area you learn where and who to indirect packages. If in doubt, it can wait until tomorrow.

Our local management would have no problem supporting us if a customer called in a concern after we properly indirected a package.