Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by froggysi, Jan 7, 2010.

  1. froggysi

    froggysi New Member

    Hey guys, I was a seasonal driver helper this past season and I've been trying to get my EIN number (same one from what would be on my w2) for the past 3 days but I can't get a hold of anyone locally phone just rings. I've also called the E-HR number but haven't made it to a person yet. Does anyone here have any other ideas on who I could contact?
  2. dannyboy

    dannyboy From the promised LAND

    my suggestion is that you wait until you get your w2. but it should have been on any paychecks you got from ups as well.

    i can not imagine any hr worth anything that would give out ein's over the phone. that is a great way to get sued.

  3. froggysi

    froggysi New Member

    I've checked my paystubs over and over not there, I was hoping to file early since I haven't found any other work yet and the refund would be helpful. But I'm guessing I'll probably have to wait by the mailbox.
  4. dannyboy

    dannyboy From the promised LAND

    i understand the issue of no money coming in. its tough.

    as for the ein, if its that important, make the trip to the center. there will be somone there that can access the info. but it would be a very bad idea for them to hand out info over the phone. that is a big no no, unless they know you personally.

    so if the refund wont wait on the w2, which will be there around the 30th, then make the trip.

    now, one more thing. your ein is not the same as ups's ein. ups's ein will need to appear on the tax forms, but to file taxes, you would use your ss#, not your personal ein at ups. at least i never saw a spot on a tax form for the employee id #, only the employer id. and that was what you were asking for
  5. froggysi

    froggysi New Member

    Sorry for the confusion yeah I meant the EIN for UPS.
  6. dannyboy

    dannyboy From the promised LAND

    that they might give you over the phone, but getting to a live person.......

    best of luck

  7. HBGPreloader

    HBGPreloader Active Member

    Google is good :)

    The ein for UPS is 58-2480149


  8. JonFrum

    JonFrum Member

    My 2008 W-2 lists Employer's Federal ID# 13-1426500. The State ID# is a variation of the federal number.
  9. tarbar66

    tarbar66 Active Member

    Jon, We agree on something today:happy2:

    Off my tax return:13-1426500
  10. dannyboy

    dannyboy From the promised LAND

    what you will find is that each region and maybe even districts will have their own federal ein. and for each state as well. so it depends on where you work as to the ein you have.

    when we worked out of va, it was one, when they took us to tennessee, it was another.

  11. froggysi

    froggysi New Member

    I went to EIN finder and it brought up 13 different numbers all the ones you guys listed where on there, I was able to get the number from a guy who worked in the warehouse here. Thanks for all the help though :happy2:
  12. Monkey Butt

    Monkey Butt Dark Prince of Double Standards Staff Member

    Re: EIN..
  13. UPSGUY72

    UPSGUY72 Well-Known Member

    Since you got 13 different numbers you must have them all now just pick the one you think it is OR WAIT FOR YOUR W2 like anyone with a brain would do.

    Better make sure your parents can't claim you on there taxes becasue if they can and do you can't file a return.

    BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

    Whatever you do, do not get a "tax refund anticipation loan" from these companies like HR Block, Money Stores, etc.....you are looking at a world of hurt when payback time comes around.
  15. froggysi

    froggysi New Member

    If you kept reading I said I got the correct number. I'm 27 so I'm pretty sure my parents can't claim me or my kids anymore thanks for the tip though.

    Yeah I learned my lesson on that awhile ago, E-File with direct deposit is the way to go..
  16. JonFrum

    JonFrum Member