Elections

BrownArmy

According to the editors of the National Review, there's only one thing for Republicans to do with their new-found control of the US Congress: nothing.

LINK.

MAKAVELI

Not only that but republicans have all but guaranteed a win for the democrats in 2016. You see they are screwed on immigration. If they don't approve a path to citizenship, the Latinos will come out and vote in full force. And if they do it will piss off their constituents. Obama knows this and is playing poker like he has a full house. It's his last 2 years, so he has nothing to lose. Good luck repubs. ;)

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not only that but republicans have all but guaranteed a win for the democrats in 2016. You see they are screwed on immigration. If they don't approve a path to citizenship, the Latinos will come out and vote in full force. And if they do it will piss off their constituents. Obama knows this and is playing poker like he has a full house. It's his last 2 years, so he has nothing to lose. Good luck repubs. ;)
If Odumbo plays his 'king' game and gives everybdy citizenship, he's going to piss off America. They will submit a common sense immigration measure and he'll veto it. What about the people in line doing it right ?? I has to be fair.

MAKAVELI

If Odumbo plays his 'king' game and gives everybdy citizenship, he's going to piss off America. They will submit a common sense immigration measure and he'll veto it. What about the people in line doing it right ?? I has to be fair.
What's fair is to work out a system that includes " a pathway to citizenship". That doesn't necessarily mean automatically make everyone citizens. I know that's hard for republicans to understand. If republicans are smart( oxymoron) they would understand this and understand many of their constituents actually employ these undocumented.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
We already have such a system in place .
Costs several thousands of dollars , takes years to complete and there already is a long waiting line .
No need for line jumpers .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Restart Operation WetBack .
and if their home country does not want them back ; convicts , etc., then we have plenty of empty places within our borders for them .
No need to overfill our cities with these countryless persons .
I can think of several islands off the coast of Alaska that would do .

MAKAVELI

and if their home country does not want them back ; convicts , etc., then we have plenty of empty places within our borders for them .
Yea good luck with that bro. While we're at it, why don't we kick every white American back to Europe?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It's interesting how we want immigrants when we need them, and don't want them when we can't abuse them. Ever hear of the Bracero Program? How about importing the Chinese in the 1800's to build the railroads, and then doing our best to kick them out when the job was done?

I think those islands would be a great place for Libertarians to start their own country.

MAKAVELI

But many others were probably not so lucky. Prior to Tuesday's election, critics of the law estimated that up to 750,000 people in Texas wouldn’t have sufficient ID and would need to get an election certificate to vote. Yet between June 2013 and the week leading up to Tuesday's midterms, only 371 certificates had been issued, the Houston Chronicle reported.

“The new voter ID laws are ridiculous,” said Lauw, who said she has been politically active her whole life. Though she once served as vice president of a local Republican women’s club, she now considers herself a liberal.
“Back then, I really was a Republican," Lauw told HuffPost. "But they weren’t like they are now.”

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
But many others were probably not so lucky. Prior to Tuesday's election, critics of the law estimated that up to 750,000 people in Texas wouldn’t have sufficient ID and would need to get an election certificate to vote. Yet between June 2013 and the week leading up to Tuesday's midterms, only 371 certificates had been issued, the Houston Chronicle reported.

“The new voter ID laws are ridiculous,” said Lauw, who said she has been politically active her whole life. Though she once served as vice president of a local Republican women’s club, she now considers herself a liberal.
Have there been voting problems in Texas? I have heard nothing about it.
We need them voting hardcover Republican like they usually do.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Have there been voting problems in Texas? I have heard nothing about it.
We need them voting hardcover Republican like they usually do.
bird_book.jpg