Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
2i8y905.png

MAKAVELI

He doesn't seem to have that IMPARTIAL look about him.
Can't wait to see what he will look like on election night in 2016.
Can you imagine, a Republican president, house, senate and about 2/3 of the governors of the country?
And that's all you'll be doing, is imagining. Like I said, the demographics just aren't in the republicans favor for a presidential election.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He doesn't seem to have that IMPARTIAL look about him.
Can't wait to see what he will look like on election night in 2016.
Can you imagine, a Republican president, house, senate and about 2/3 of the governors of the country?
I don't know what would happen,but I know the GOP wouldn' 'fritter' away 2 years having full power (3/3). They would try to squeeze through all things that would make Dems cringe!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
And that's all you'll be doing, is imagining. Like I said, the demographics just aren't in the republicans favor for a presidential election.
Your dreaming.
Who's the Democrats frontrunner?
She couldn't even get 1 senator that she campaigned for elected.
In other words, most people just don't like her.

realbrown1

I don't know what would happen,but I know the GOP wouldn' 'fritter' away 2 years having full power (3/3). They would try to squeeze through all things that would make Dems cringe!!
You're figuring the Republicans are going to do the EXACT same thing the Democrats did 2008-2010.
If they are that stupid, then you are right
I'm hoping they will do more popular bills like tax reform or jobs bills.
If they do as I hope they will, they can hold congress for many years.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You're figuring the Republicans are going to do the EXACT same thing the Democrats did 2008-2010.
If they are that stupid, then you are right
I'm hoping they will do more popular bills like tax reform or jobs bills.
If they do as I hope they will, they can hold congress for many years.
The GOP wouldn't fritter away the time.....meaning they wouldn't waste time liket he Dems did.....they would be quick like a bunny to get things done.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Strangely missing from the media main steam over and over again, with
coverage, analyst, paid commentators...

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/199433-one-move-newly-elected-senator-shows-knows/
Joni Ernst was elected Iowa’s first female U.S. Senator on Tuesday and was in uniform and on duty with the Iowa National Guard on Thursday.

Are those two guys there so she can reach the first step of the vehicle? Why is military service an instant "approval" from you people? Being a "fine American" doesn't require it, but most of you seem to think it does...sad.

Maybe they are there to make he squeal like a pig.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Are those two guys there so she can reach the first step of the vehicle? Why is military service an instant "approval" from you people? Being a "fine American" doesn't require it, but most of you seem to think it does...sad.

I _ _ _ _ !!

Nimnim

The Nim

Personally I think someone who would volunteer to enlist in the military is a point towards their application for political service. It shows they are willing to serve the country, not have the country serve them.

The only reason I didn't report your post for the sexist last line that wasn't necessary in the least, even as comedy, was so I could quote you to respond.

realbrown1

Watching Bill Maher on HBO tonight talking about voter turnout, I've come to the conclusion the the Democrats #1 election strategy is to get as many people who are uninformed to vote as possible.
At least 10 minutes of his show is about blaming people who didn't bother to vote, for the Democrats losing and America falling apart because of the Republicans taking control of congress.

Next time you see a get out the vote or a rock the vote campaign, realize that they want the people who are uninformed and/or unmotivated to vote.
I Wonder who Dems think they will vote for?

wkmac

Watching Bill Maher on HBO tonight talking about voter turnout, I've come to the conclusion the the Democrats #1 election strategy is to get as many people who are uninformed to vote as possible.
At least 10 minutes of his show is about blaming people who didn't bother to vote, for the Democrats losing and America falling apart because of the Republicans taking control of congress.

Next time you see a get out the vote or a rock the vote campaign, realize that they want the people who are uninformed and/or unmotivated to vote.
I Wonder who Dems think they will vote for?

Blaming non voters as cause for election outcomes is like blaming non drivers for the cause of bad traffic.

When people like Bill Maher start to understand that some of the non voters are simply saying, "none of the above" maybe then things will begin to change for the positive. Many people like Maher when I suggest a "none of the above" option on a ballot fight that idea tooth and nail so there you go.

Maybe more and more Americans are waking up to the false dilemma that American elections and it's candidates have become.

Here Bill Maher, read this and for once think and you might stop being so selfish and self centered about yourself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every ballot that I have ever cast has had a write-in option.

I have to give you credit. For the most part, I despise people who don't vote yet bitch about the results. You don't.

realbrown1

I have to give you credit. For the most part, I despise people who don't vote yet bitch about the results. You don't.
I only despise those who vote for a political party just because it's popular without having slightest idea who's on the ballot or what the issues are.
In other words, stupid people who SHOULD NOT VOTE.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I only despise those who vote for a political party just because it's popular without having slightest idea who's on the ballot or what the issues are.
In other words, stupid people who SHOULD NOT VOTE.
The stupid people are the Gruber-ites!! People like Gruber and others rely on people being stupid and bilnd.

wkmac

This is true but do they post the results of write in votes? You can discover those numbers but you have to comb through post election data yourself. Rarely, at least I've never seen it and I do look, does this information get disclosed in the public media and in the public space.

I don't bitch because there's no expectation of a better outcome regardless who wins. I accept the campaign promises as nothing more than accepted lies and fictions they tell which we want to hear while knowing these "promises" will never come to fruit. I came into the political age at the close of Vietnam and in the shadow of Watergate. With that comes not only a well conditioned cynicism and skepticism of all politics but in the 40 years hence, experience and observing politics as I have gives me lots of firsthand evidence to feel very comfortable where I am.