Eliminating Driveway Deliveries

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
NO he didn't. He does not believe in the union nor is he a supporting member of the union.

It bothers me when people phrase it this way. Not talking about you, dilli, just about the guy that doesn't "believe in the union. Tell him that as far as believeing in it, the do exist. Now whether he agrees with it, is another story.

Poor guy, guess it's a lose/lose situation for him.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There's no way of recording long driveways, handcart use, or any other thing, such as traffic, that will give you a better time allowance. Just do the job like you're supposed to do it. It will pay off for you in the long run, as you won't have to break out of bad habits.

When they do virtual time studies, as you are carrying your diad, the gps traces your path to the delivery. Much like an etch-a-sketch, it is always on and traces the path your diad took all day. If you are not carrying it, you are not getting credit for the long driveways.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
When they do virtual time studies, as you are carrying your diad, the gps traces your path to the delivery. Much like an etch-a-sketch, it is always on and traces the path your diad took all day. If you are not carrying it, you are not getting credit for the long driveways.

Funny how a pkg came up missing recently, and instead of checking the GPS to see if the driver mistakenly left the pkg at another place, they asked the driver to go back and ask the customer if they actually received the pkg.

Sorry for sidetracking, Heff. GPS is good, if used properly.

It is true, Hoax. Sadly it is true. The way they are claiming this is an accident is b/c it caused property damage. And it's not the dirst time we have heard it.

Where i'm from that would be a liability incident...As if you scratched a car with your handtruck or knocked over a vase in a shop.

upsdude

You are right, it isn't right. Just recently 1 of our 30+ yr drivers was charged with an accident b/c of an oil leak in a driveway. YEP, on one of them fancy 1/2 mile long driveways. Nice, huh?

The sorry no good lousy son of a you know what that made the decision to classify an oil leak as an accident is a leader in our company. Think about that, UPS has entrusted that individual to make decisions affecting the future of our company.

Gawd, and we still manage to make money.

some1else

can someone clarify the "Credit for walk time" ive been told that time-study maxes out at like 20yards. i heard this complaint from mall drivers that they dont get credit for any walk time past that distance

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
can someone clarify the "Credit for walk time" ive been told that time-study maxes out at like 20yards. i heard this complaint from mall drivers that they dont get credit for any walk time past that distance

They did a virtual time study in our center 4 weeks ago. They use the GPS in the diad. You had to sheet package in car (or just outside truck) ,walk to delivery point, STOP COMPLETE at release point, then walk back. We were told not to drive on the driveways because we wouldn't get credit for how far it was from the main road.

Needless to say, many over 10's those 3 days.

It was about this time they started the driveway ban and backing campaign.

some1else

They did a virtual time study in our center 4 weeks ago. They use the GPS in the diad. You had to sheet package in car (or just outside truck) ,walk to delivery point, STOP COMPLETE at release point, then walk back. We were told not to drive on the driveways because we wouldn't get credit for how far it was from the main road.

Needless to say, many over 10's those 3 days.

i get that, im just saying that if you walk 3 miles you arent going to get credit for that much, i think it maxes out after a certain distance

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It bothers me when people phrase it this way. Not talking about you, dilli, just about the guy that doesn't "believe in the union. Tell him that as far as believeing in it, the do exist. Now whether he agrees with it, is another story.

Poor guy, guess it's a lose/lose situation for him.
Ya know Steve, I have no sympathy for him. He bad-mouths the union every chance he gets. He is arrogant and self-centered and................. well I could go on but so for I have not been reprimanded for saying things that aught not be said in public. Think I'll keep it that way. I'll wait for something worthwhile to get in trouble for.

upsdude

Fair days work for a fair days pay. Walks, driveways, time allowances etc etc mean nothing. Do the job as efficiently as possible while working in the parameters set by the company.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Some people leave their diads in the truck and don't carry it all the time especially on residential deliveries. They will not be getting credit for the long walk.

Sorry for not clarifying myself. Thank you for your informative post.
99% of the time I carry my diad with me. Long driveway or short.

sano

i would get assistance from another bargaining unit employee to deliver the ireg per my contract. ive never seen it but ive heard that if you hurt yourself del. an ireg you might have issues with workers comp becuase you are not working as instructed (getting assistance).

They could try, but this would never stand. Anything that happens on the clock is a comp injury. regardless of fault.
Awhile ago there was a link on the BC about a unloader that got mad a punched the side of a trailer. He broke his hand. It was upheld as a comp injury.

upsdude

Here ya go, Other Non-Delivery, select Q, CNS Delay.
cnsdelay1.jpg

bigdaddyo

bigdaddyo
I agree with upstateNYupser... If we worked for Teamsters we would all be without a contract as the reps have no contracts and abide by the management of the Teamsters. I work for UPS 32 yrs and Do NOT agree with everything but they make the rules and make the profits...NOT the Union....the union just reeps the benefits of the UPS payroll.. I don't want to get started.. so I will stop

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Some people leave their diads in the truck and don't carry it all the time especially on residential deliveries. They will not be getting credit for the long walk.

Sorry for not clarifying myself. Thank you for your informative post.

I get $29 per hour credit for the long walk whether I am lugging the DIAD along or not.

local804

I agree with upstateNYupser... If we worked for Teamsters we would all be without a contract as the reps have no contracts and abide by the management of the Teamsters. I work for UPS 32 yrs and Do NOT agree with everything but they make the rules and make the profits...NOT the Union....the union just reeps the benefits of the UPS payroll.. I don't want to get started.. so I will stop

Actually, the reps do have a contract that they abide by called the bylaws within the union. The Unions job is to represent you not not to pay you to work for them. Lets compare apples to apples, not oranges.
Its a good thing you chose to stop.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I guess you do not reep any of the benefits from the teamsters?

some1else

I guess you do not reep any of the benefits from the teamsters?
come on red; although i agree with you that is a pretty nonsensical statement.

red; I guess you do not reep any of the benefits from the NAZI offensive in Europe?

same thing almost anything has positive and negative aspects, and proving that does not prove that the thing is good :funny: