Eliminating Driveway Deliveries

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Next time you are on that route you should run it the way it is set up. Don't change your other methods. See what the difference is in the plan vs actual and o/a.

How long since the routes have been studied?
10 yrs. I can't in good conscience del it the way edd has it. The rte has not been straightened out yet and I would not get done until 10pm. I follow edd on most of the other rtes, they can deal with the O95 and the added miles.

Last edited:
10 yrs. I can't in good conscience del it the way edd has it. The rte has not been straightened out yet and I would not get done until 10pm. I follow edd on most of the other rtes, they can deal with the O95 and the added miles.
Is the regular driver making any attempts at fixing the problems?

No, not really. :whiteflag:
In that case I talk to the regular driver and tell them if they aren't going to try to get the EDD fixed, I'm going to. They either just go with me on it or tell me to leave their route alone. If it's the later, I tell the sup that I have a problem on the route that I can't can't fix, so my time will be effected accordingly.
Trust me, it takes time to fix a rt that's totally screwed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

And it never will get straightened out as long as well-meaning people such as yourself keep on finding a way to get it done anyway.

Bring the truck back at 10:00 for 3 nights straight and you will help your management to develop and maintain a "sense of urgency" towards getting the area trace fixed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In that case I talk to the regular driver and tell them if they aren't going to try to get the EDD fixed, I'm going to. They either just go with me on it or tell me to leave their route alone. If it's the later, I tell the sup that I have a problem on the route that I can't can't fix, so my time will be effected accordingly.
Trust me, it takes time to fix a rt that's totally screwed.

And it never will get straightened out as long as well-meaning people such as yourself keep on finding a way to get it done anyway.

Bring the truck back at 10:00 for 3 nights straight and you will help your management to develop and maintain a "sense of urgency" towards getting the area trace fixed.
LOL I know you guys are right. If it were me I would have had this done MY way weeks ago. The driver that is on it is a short timer and just wants out. But the driver is also my friend so I try and stay out of it. Trust me, it has not been easy. :dissapointed:

Didn't work for me, and I was also filing over 9.5s at the time.

UPS Lifer

Didn't work for me, and I was also filing over 9.5s at the time.

If you want to fix over 9.5s - As a Division or District Manager you make the manager wait for the last driver to come in. It doesn't take much after that to get it fixed.

My point is this.... If manager is not out there waiting for you than it probably won't get fixed.

On Xmas Eve every year the manager had to wait for the last driver to come in before he/she could leave then they had to call their boss who was with the District Manager. This worked pretty well! It was only a fluke if there was a driver out late.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you want to fix over 9.5s - As a Division or District Manager you make the manager wait for the last driver to come in. It doesn't take much after that to get it fixed.

My point is this.... If manager is not out there waiting for you than it probably won't get fixed.

On Xmas Eve every year the manager had to wait for the last driver to come in before he/she could leave then they had to call their boss who was with the District Manager. This worked pretty well! It was only a fluke if there was a driver out late.
Lifer, my managers (not one single one of them) are ever waiting for us when we get back. Not on any day of the year. It was just Tues that I scraped a wall at Tlaquepaque. The DM, w/ another sup, came out to see what happened. He told me before I left to be sure and see my OR before I left the center. I turned around to him and said he won't be there when I get done. DM-Sure he will. NOT! I didn't clock out until 10:30. I would have a whole lot more respect for a sup/mgr that was waiting there for me when I get done at night. It will never happen here.:dissapointed:

My first 10 years driving there was always a late supervisor (One who stays until the last driver came in) But that was in a hub not a rinky dinky center.

I'm not sure what make a center rinky dink, but it's been about 10 years since there has been a management person there on a regular bases.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm not sure what make a center rinky dink, but it's been about 10 years since there has been a management person there on a regular bases.
Trp, my sup is long gone before 5pm, most days. As far as my DM, I might see him once a week. He spends most of his time on the other side of the mountain. I have to give the DM credit, though. I see this DM far more than I saw the old one. The old one I might have seen once a month.:dissapointed:

Trp, my sup is long gone before 5pm, most days. As far as my DM, I might see him once a week. He spends most of his time on the other side of the mountain. I have to give the DM credit, though. I see this DM far more than I saw the old one. The old one I might have seen once a month.:dissapointed:
I had to LOL when I read that. One time we had a new division manager come in and was introduced to us at the PCM. After ward I asked a sup, "What happened to "joe blow"?" he said "What? Joe's been gone for two years, he was replaced by Bertha Betternyou". I'd never even heard of her, much less ever laid eyes on her.

UPS Lifer

I have to admit that I had a center (Victorville) that had a satellite center (Barstow) with a reload operation. There were about 15 drivers and a lead driver. Once the drivers left in the morning the center was locked up building all day.

The center ran well without supervision! It was 1.25 hours from Victorville so I would get out there about 2 times a month usually in the am. I would have to leave my house by 5 am to get there by 7 am. I would let the drivers know that I appreciated their efforts and would answer questions for them. I talked with the lead every day and sent a supervisor out there once or twice a week for support.

I have to admit that I had a center (Victorville) that had a satellite center (Barstow) with a reload operation. There were about 15 drivers and a lead driver. Once the drivers left in the morning the center was locked up building all day.

The center ran well without supervision! It was 1.25 hours from Victorville so I would get out there about 2 times a month usually in the am. I would have to leave my house by 5 am to get there by 7 am. I would let the drivers know that I appreciated their efforts and would answer questions for them. I talked with the lead every day and sent a supervisor out there once or twice a week for support.
I worked in a Sat center that was about an hour from our home center, 9 routes counting the route that the feed driver ran. We started out with 6 routes but after two weeks they decided that it just couldn't be done and added up to 8 routes. Every driver except the feed driver worked 10-11 hours per day.
Back then the only thing an over 9.5 grievance did was bring about a meeting where the District Labor guy, the home center manager and two drivers (one doing the filing and the other acting as steward) got together and the center manager would promise to do something to bring the OT under control. Then nothing would change. There was no monetary penalty in the contract at that time. After a couple of years of every driver filing and missing a slew of packages nearly everyday they added the 9th route. About a year later they shut it down (due to other circumstances) and brought back all the routes but one.

Sorry, I got carried away and forgot my point.lol The only time we saw a management person was when we filed grievances or someone was getting fired or we got a new center manager.

brownrodster

I'm no sure which DM is which? District or division??? But whoever is my center manager's boss... I see that guy a couple times a year at PCM.

When I was part time the only time we saw the center manager was at the yearly united way PCM.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

That is great. In a situation like this I would not have been concerned about not seeing a mgr. In fact in a situation like yours I would have been all the more happy when you did show up.

It is not the same here. Everything is running amok. Drivers (well 1 anyway) that are opening their mouths, being hostile and harrassing. I had 162 stops last fri in 3 different towns and yet I have to be subjected to a pissed off driver because he doesn't want to help. BS.

We have 9.5's that are 10 times worse now than they were last year. I am officially getting my first warning letter for hitting the wall in Tlaq. I have not had in incident in 2 yrs. What happened to progressive discipline. Here the company (meaning mgt) does what ever the hell they want to, contract be damned. Can't talk to the DM, when we do he won't listen. His modus operandi is to constantly interupt. I don't even bother anymore.

EDD was a joke today. Totally out in left field and the game was being played at home plate. I put on 168 miles today for 90 stops. Misloads out the ears. I give up. :soapbox:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm no sure which DM is which? District or division??? But whoever is my center manager's boss... I see that guy a couple times a year at PCM.

When I was part time the only time we saw the center manager was at the yearly united way PCM.
center manager, then DM(distr) and then DM(div). I believe this is the breakdown. Of course I could be wrong. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.