Inordinately Right
Jesus wasn't a carpenter.
He was a stone mason.
Just something to think about.

God bless America.
Happy Easter.
Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

vantexan

Education: The Bible, as a book, existed before printing presses, meaning that a copy of it was hand-written, making a copy of it extremely valuable, as in expensive. Latin was the ordinary language of Rome, and only the few educated could read it. Why would you leave an invaluable book in an unsecure place for the uneducated to have access?? Would you leave the Declaration of Independence, for example, accessible to the public??

Lesson complete.
It was purposely kept out of the average person's hands for centuries. Answer? Translate it into local languages that the educated could read. Result? People learned that Christianity was about following Christ. And the books of the Bible were written in Hebrew and Aramaic Greek. Keeping it in an essentially dead language for centuries came later. We may not be able to touch the original Declaration of Independence but we're well aware of what's in it. Most people in the Catholic Church for a very long time didn't know anything beyond what their priest told them about what was in the Scriptures.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
my faith lies in the teachings of christ. I respect what churches can do but recognize they are managed by mankind and subject to constant dissapointment.
I wholeheartedly agree with your first statement.
I sadly agree with your second.

But since Jesus built His church upon rock which even the gates of Hell will not prevail against, then there follows that there is a repository of His Faith. And the only Christian faith that can trace its lineage back to Jesus is the Roman Catholic faith.

vantexan

I wholeheartedly agree with your first statement.
I sadly agree with your second.

But since Jesus built His church upon rock which even the gates of Hell will not prevail against, then there follows that there is a repository of His Faith. And the only Christian faith that can trace its lineage back to Jesus is the Roman Catholic faith.
The Church of the first 3 centuries after Christ operated very differently than today's Catholic Church.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It was purposely kept out of the average person's hands for centuries. Answer? Translate it into local languages that the educated could read. Result? People learned that Christianity was about following Christ. And the books of the Bible were written in Hebrew and Aramaic Greek. Keeping it in an essentially dead language for centuries came later. We may not be able to touch the original Declaration of Independence but we're well aware of what's in it. Most people in the Catholic Church for a very long time didn't know anything beyond what their priest told them about what was in the Scriptures.
Priests who were infused with the Holy Spirit through the laying of hands, a tradition unbroken since the Apostles.

Who better to inform and educate the masses??

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Get him out of where?

You are one slick deceiver. I agree, purgatory does not exist.

Eternal security, salvation does however.

You have neither.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

In bold, so you can't miss it.
An added plus is it pisses you off.
No piss off from me ass lick.
The bold print makes you look twice as stupid.

vantexan

Priests who were infused with the Holy Spirit through the laying of hands, a tradition unbroken since the Apostles.

Who better to inform and educate the masses??
If so then why was the Church so different by the time the Bible got printed in various languages? So much so that men in good conscience could no longer worship that way after reading the Scriptures? I believe after the Reformation period the Catholic Church had a bit of a reformation of its own with men like Thomas Aquinas.

floridays

No piss off from me ass lick.
The bold print makes you look twice as stupid.
Great, I'm four times as stupid. It makes me look twice as smart.

To the point.

I know your doctrine, I do know that it does not comply with this
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Do you stand by scripture or your church of christ doctrine?

In simple terms you can answer this, yes or no.

Do you know you have eternal life?

BrownFlush

Matthew16:18-19
You post this for proof for scriptural authority to establish a hierarchy from the Pope down to priests at the local level.
I post this...
All the evidence in the immediate context and in the Greek points to Peter's CONFESSION , "Thou art the Christ the Son of the living God" as the rock foundation on which the church the Lord built and established beginning in Jerusalem in Acts 2.
That conclusion harmonizes with the rest of the New Testament which categorically states, "Other foundations can no man lay than that which is laid which is Jesus Christ." Peter is not the foundation of the Church; therefore, he is not the(a) Pope.
Your next post was this...
Christ established the Church, the Holy Spirit guides it. If Jesus was the foundation of the Church on earth, where should we seek it? My faith rests in the Catholic Church as the most faithful institution to Holy Teachings.
I take it you don't want to talk about Matt.16

floridays

🤣
Very Christian of you.
I'm a blood bought sinner.
I make no claim other than being purchased by the blood of God.
His finished work, His glory.
I'm a recipient of Grace.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Pretty simple.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Pretty simple.
Awful prideful to think you have all the answers. The ignorant belong on ignore.

floridays

@BrownFlush

I know your doctrine, I do know that it does not comply with this
Do you stand by scripture or your church of christ doctrine?

In simple terms you can answer this, yes or no.

Do you know you have eternal life?
“For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”

BrownFlush

Christ established the Church,
Yes. His church
Bought it with his blood. Acts 20:28
the Holy Spirit guides it.
Yes.
How does he guide it? What instrument is used?
If Jesus was the foundation of the Church on earth, where should we seek it?
I'm not sure what you're asking. You can find it's organization, it's structure, it's purpose, etc. in the pages of the New Testament .
My faith rests in the Catholic Church as the most faithful institution to Holy Teachings.
Not mine. My faith is in Jesus Christ.
There is so much false teachings and corrupt doctrines of that corrupt institution that are contrary to "holy" (New Testament) teaching, pick anything you like that you think is a Holy Teaching to discuss. You must not want to discuss the pope publicly.
I don't blame you. PM if you want to go that route.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Pretty simple.
Matthew 16:24-26

Do you bear your cross daily?