Emergency Room cost

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The company pays contributions directly to the appropriate funds.

The only monies the Union receives, is from the collection of dues.

Ours is a Teamsters healthcare plan administered by BC/BS. The portion of the H&W contributions earmarked for our healthcare goes directly to our local, much the same as the contributions for our pension go directly to our local. Granted, these funds are for the exclusive use for which they were intended, and cannot be comingled, but they do go directly to the local. If this were not the case how can our local claim an 18 month surplus in our healthcare fund?

From what I understand, dues also go directly to the local, which then forwards a percentage to the national.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ours is a Teamsters healthcare plan administered by BC/BS. The portion of the H&W contributions earmarked for our healthcare goes directly to our local, much the same as the contributions for our pension go directly to our local. Granted, these funds are for the exclusive use for which they were intended, and cannot be comingled, but they do go directly to the local. If this were not the case how can our local claim an 18 month surplus in our healthcare fund?

From what I understand, dues also go directly to the local, which then forwards a percentage to the national.

As always.... it depends on your Local, State, or Region.

Very few Locals, have to contrbutions paid to them for their H&W and Pension Funds.

Dues are paid from the company to the Local.

Then, "per capita" is is forwarded to your Joint Council and or Conference....

And finally the IBT.

Every Local is audited by the IBT every 5 years.

Not much, is left to chance.

-Bug-

undies

Next time you need to go to the emergency room, make sure you break a leg or arm on the way there. Better safe than sorry!!!

Satuirus2000

Well, i understand that. I was more concerned about my sons health, hence me taking him to the ER. Once that was over and he was ok, i started to think about the bill. That simple.

No hard feelings man.
You didn't have to explain yourself. If you took your son to the ER I would think it's obvious to anyone that you were concerned about your son's health. Don't know why anyone even tried to question otherwise. Very rude. At least you were the bigger person though. Hope your son continues to do well and your bill queries are answered.

Inthegame

H&W or Pension contributions do not go "directly" to your local. Those remittances go to the respective Trust Funds. Your local reports on the months of reserve because Trustees meet quarterly and review the status of the Trust Funds.

BrownBrokeDown

"Accident" covers more than broken bones. For an example, a sudden allergic reaction that doesn't require admission, but does require a emergency room visit for safeties sake would be covered 100% as "sudden onset".

BrownBrokeDown

The summary that was sent out was just that a summary. There are too many variables to be covered on the 1 page that addressed co-pays, deductibles, and out of pocket. People need to start calling in specifics if they have questions...you might be surprised with what you find out.

Also, to the op, the hospital should have told you how much you owed when you were checking out. At least that has always been my experience.

The Milkman

You will pay 20% of bill. Not an accident and not admitted.

Feel free to thank Hoffa/Hall

Like he said, you won't pay $90, $9 or 9 cents. Just 20%.......
A big thanks has to go out to all those who voted YES to what boils down to concessions costing everyone more down the road. Someday the YES voters will be complaining and more so when and if they make it into retirement. You will be getting what you deserve.THANKS AGAIN!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
70 cents is just the wage increase genius. I also received a nice bump in my Health & Welfare contributions to my local. I look at the WHOLE picture. Got a raise PLUS I don't have to pay for my benefits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A big thanks has to go out to all those who voted YES to what boils down to concessions costing everyone more down the road. Someday the YES voters will be complaining and more so when and if they make it into retirement. You will be getting what you deserve.THANKS AGAIN!

You're welcome----glad I could help.

Oh, you were being sarcastic----sorry, my bad.

Future

Victory Ride
If I understand correctly,instead of going to a hospital EM ...we r fully covered at urgent care type places.Not sure if this is true?