Emergency Room cost

Avalon

Avalon
We should not have to think twice about going to the ER with an EMERGENCY!! This 80% crap is BS... We would be better off with welfare insurance!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Then why don't you just quit your job and get on welfare and see how you like it???

Or better yet go on over to FedEx freight and see how you like their insurance. Then you will be really crying!!

Yeah teamcare is not as great as the old insurance we get it, but some of you are just a bunch of spoiled brats who don't realize just how good you have it even on teamcare.

Some people just act like this came out of no where. Seriously, the ACA has turned the tables all over the country for insurance and I'm sure the IBT is doing the best they can. But if you seriously believe that you can do so much better somewhere else then go, and get out of my way on the seniority list. I'll buy you a box of Kleenex on your way out the door because you will really be crying when you realize what else is out there

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

You voted yes for smaller raises than we had 10 years ago... I can go on...
Shall we?

Sent using BrownCafe App
You are so right! .70 would of been a great raise back in the 80's or early 90's. Percentage wise it is worse. Some people just plod along not realizing how they will be affected down the road. Just plain ignorant

The Milkman

70 cents is just the wage increase genius. I also received a nice bump in my Health & Welfare contributions to my local. I look at the WHOLE picture. Got a raise PLUS I don't have to pay for my benefits.
You will be paying a lot more when you retire, you can pat yourself on your back saying"Well done" The whole picture is out of focus, let me see....Increase your pension benefit, only to hand it over towards your medical benefits.The next few years for me will be many more thousands in costs for me, and that is only 3 yrs, If you retire at 55 like I did, multiply more yrs or just work till you are 65..Rosy Future for You and all the other Yes voters

dumptheoldguardteamsters

Then why don't you just quit your job and get on welfare and see how you like it???

Or better yet go on over to FedEx freight and see how you like their insurance. Then you will be really crying!!

Yeah teamcare is not as great as the old insurance we get it, but some of you are just a bunch of spoiled brats who don't realize just how good you have it even on teamcare.

Some people just act like this came out of no where. Seriously, the ACA has turned the tables all over the country for insurance and I'm sure the IBT is doing the best they can. But if you seriously believe that you can do so much better somewhere else then go, and get out of my way on the seniority list. I'll buy you a box of Kleenex on your way out the door because you will really be crying when you realize what else is out there

OH YEAH... WE HAVE IT SO GREAT.... WE ARE A UNION AND JIST HAD OUR RIGHT TO VOTE TAKEN OFF US!! THANKS BROTHER...

Sent using BrownCafe App

OH YEAH... WE HAVE IT SO GREAT.... WE ARE A UNION AND JIST HAD OUR RIGHT TO VOTE TAKEN OFF US!! THANKS BROTHER...

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldupsman

You will be paying a lot more when you retire, you can pat yourself on your back saying"Well done" The whole picture is out of focus, let me see....Increase your pension benefit, only to hand it over towards your medical benefits.The next few years for me will be many more thousands in costs for me, and that is only 3 yrs, If you retire at 55 like I did, multiply more yrs or just work till you are 65..Rosy Future for You and all the other Yes voters

Wasting your breath Milkman. And this stupid logic that just because it's better than your neighbors health care and you should be grateful
crap drives me nuts. They just have no clue what they gave up. Wait until 3 years from now when their raise goes to their healthcare instead.
Better yet, wait until they try to retire and beloved Teamcare cost them $1000 a month
to keep. They'll all be working until they're 65.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When I retire I will be paying about $475 a month more for health insurance than I do now. Has been that way for years and I expect to pay that premium when I retire. Guess I'll have to eat mac & cheese everyday or have known about it and budgeted for it beforehand.

Future

Victory Ride
When I retire I will be paying about $475 a month more for health insurance than I do now. Has been that way for years and I expect to pay that premium when I retire. Guess I'll have to eat mac & cheese everyday or have known about it and budgeted for it beforehand.
I will have to switch from Heineken to Pbr

oldngray

nowhere special
9565492378_2bc17a75b8_o.jpg

http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/the-high-life-a-tower-of-beer-for-your-retirement/

The Milkman

Wasting your breath Milkman. And this stupid logic that just because it's better than your neighbors health care and you should be grateful
crap drives me nuts. They just have no clue what they gave up. Wait until 3 years from now when their raise goes to their healthcare instead.
Better yet, wait until they try to retire and beloved Teamcare cost them $1000 a month
to keep. They'll all be working until they're 65.
All the yes voters think it is a Joke. No Joke ...UPS has and will have the last Laugh all the while giving out bonuses with all the money they saved on this contract because of all the spineless members who crumbled under pressure

Xexys

Retired and Happy

How do you figure it's been "that way for years"? We've only been paying $50/month for years here in the real world. Get your facts straight before you blabber your gums.

QKRSTKR

Maybe it's just me, but I would have been more concerned about my son's health. Just sayin'.
Took son to ER, DID NOT STAY THE NIGHT. = ER discharged him = he must be doing ok or they would have kept him overnight. Maybe try to read between the lines.

Or is this not true? Your new famous response to posts.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
How do you figure it's been "that way for years"? We've only been paying $50/month for years here in the real world. Get your facts straight before you blabber your gums.
I have been covered under Teamster administered healthcare since I went fulltime in 1986. We have always had to pay $400 plus a month for our retirement health insurance in Local 344.
Thats the facts in Wisconsin, Grasshopper.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have been covered under Teamster administered healthcare since I went fulltime in 1986. We have always had to pay $400 plus a month for our retirement health insurance in Local 344.

I'd love to be paying $400/month for insurance.

$50 a month would be heaven.

Try $1300/month for two of us. You guys in locals that provide retiree insurance and complain about the cost crack me up.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'd love to be paying $400/month for insurance.

$50 a month would be heaven.

Try $1300/month for two of us. You guys in locals that provide retiree insurance and complain about the cost crack me up.
I'm not complaining. I think $450 a month for my spouse and I is a bargain. Just rubs me the wrong way when some bitch about going from $50 to $400. Welcome to the club.

Xexys

Retired and Happy

Sorry, I forgot I'm dealing with the whole country here. We (L177) never had to pay anything for our insurance while I was working before this last contract, EVER. Since I retired, I have paid $50.00/month for the same coverage I enjoyed while I worked.

Too bad your local hasn't looked out for you guys. I guess though since you never knew what others were enjoying, you just didn't know the difference. I always knew my old local was strong, it's just now that I'm realizing how strong it really was/is.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I'm not complaining. I think $450 a month for my spouse and I is a bargain. Just rubs me the wrong way when some bitch about going from $50 to $400. Welcome to the club.

I'm not paying $400/month wise one, I'm paying $100.00/month. So I guess I'm still not in your club. I'll just keep rubbing you the wrong way I suppose.