Entire paycheck for initiation fee???

Maplewood

i thought the definition of the free period was that days worked during said period do not count towards making book. a union book. (fun fact: its called that cause back in the day you had a physical book and you got a stamp each month that you paid dues.) initiation fees and first dues should not be deducted until you worked the appropriate amount of days outside the free period and made book. ugh. i see after typing all this that it is ANOTHER issue in the supplement and not in the master.

ARTICLE 13
SENIORITY
Section 1 – Acquisition of Seniority
(a) After forty days of work within a seventy consecutive work day period, (excluding orientation) a new employee will acquire seniority and the employee shall be given a seniority date as of his/her first day of employment (orientation) worked within such 70 consecutive work day period. If, however, the employee does not complete the 40 days within these 70 days his/her seniority date will be the first day of the 40 worked within any subsequent seventy (70) workday period.

(b) There shall be a free period, beginning October 15 and ending January 15 the following year, during which no employee can qualify for seniority.
Thats inside, not helpers. Helpers are peak only.

foolmetwice

First time working for UPS was this peak as a driver helper. My first two paychecks were both less than $20 thanks to union dues and thanksgiving etc. I was hired in Sept and told id be working oct 6th, but the person who hired me neglected to mention that it would only be for 2 hrs of training online (watching videos). I actually started working thanksgiving week and I was told id get "weekly" bonus checks but they didnt come. Im now on week 4, and I am pretty sure they are going to take out more union dues for december from the check im getting tomorrow. If I dont start seeing these "weekly bonus checks" soon im not sure what im going to do... I was told so many things that turned out to be bs.

trickpony1

If this is your real name please change it to something else.

How do you do it?

Hover the pointy thing over your name in the upper right hand corner tool bar.

A menu will drop down.

Username change is third from the bottom...lower right corner.

Click on it to change your username.

Very simple process...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
First time working for UPS was this peak as a driver helper. My first two paychecks were both less than $20 thanks to union dues and thanksgiving etc. I was hired in Sept and told id be working oct 6th, but the person who hired me neglected to mention that it would only be for 2 hrs of training online (watching videos). I actually started working thanksgiving week and I was told id get "weekly" bonus checks but they didnt come. Im now on week 4, and I am pretty sure they are going to take out more union dues for december from the check im getting tomorrow. If I dont start seeing these "weekly bonus checks" soon im not sure what im going to do... I was told so many things that turned out to be bs.
Yup.
Helper language does not get any better in the new contract... All BS.
You and everyone else need to stop taking the bait and let them flounder, that position should be offered to preloaders, night sort first.
I suggest you do the same and ask for inside employment if the fun $20 checks are not cutting it.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yup.
Helper language does not get any better in the new contract... All BS.
You and everyone else need to stop taking the bait and let them flounder, that position should be offered to preloaders, night sort first.
I suggest you do the same and ask for inside employment if the fun $20 checks are not cutting it.
you owe money

If this is your real name please change it to something else.

How do you do it?

Hover the pointy thing over your name in the upper right hand corner tool bar.

A menu will drop down.

Username change is third from the bottom...lower right corner.

Click on it to change your username.

Very simple process...
Why try to hide his identity? UPS corporate going to put a target on his back?

Hang in there Griswold
jADZ2r

8NzKMp

X1yWkk