Epic Terminations!

Shorts365

Best stories of people getting fired? Like 100% guilty, hand in the cookie jar, do not pass go, it’s not going to panel, type stuff.

I recently heard an anecdote about a guy from a small satellite center on the coast. Basically this fella’s side business started to do really well, so he decided to let his wife run his route after he left the hub each morning, and would jump back in the truck to bring it back. This hustle worked well for several months apparently, until one day the supervisor goes out on the safety ride. Husband runs the route all day, but customer after customer asks “Hey, where’s Jill?” or “is the normal lady sick?”
Management investigated and the fella was let go the next day.

I love a good hustle even if it eventually blows up.

Mutineer

Maybe not the "best" story, but very ironic:

FedEx Ground terminal manager swiped some overgoods gift cards from a box of wine that was shipped out by a winery less than a half-mile away. Caught on camera redeeming them at a local store. Was marched out of the building by security.

After a few months, coworkers noticed his car parked every day at a nearby winery. Turns out he got an office job at the same winery he swiped the gift cards from!

As he was a toxic jerk that everybody hated, someone cheerfully snitched to the winery. Never saw his car parked out there again.

Whither

Scofflaw
In a way this story fits: know-it-all alt-stew, who was dating the head stew and had nearly 2 decades FT seniority, was screwing around on the job. Knew mgmt was coming for him; they'd termed him the week prior. Went ahead and had several missed on a very light dispatch. He'd held the bid on the route for years. They termed him another time. What'd he do? Filed his grievance on the 11th day.

The case vainly went to panel. He no longer works for UPS.

Hot Carl

24 year driver that everyone liked with a wife and kids started banging a girl on his route. In the truck. On the clock. Sometimes they’d even drink beer together. Went on for quite a while. Long story short, things went south between them, police got involved, and management found out about everything he’d been up to. It’s my route now.

Another guy started swiping high value stuff off of other guys trucks and would stop by his house on the way to his route and leave it in his garage.

One guy tail-whipped a mailbox and never reported it, only to be caught by the neighbor’s ring doorbell camera across the street.

Also not a good idea to start running your entire route like a mail carrier and do every street the evens up one side and the odds down the other. Fired for stealing time.

robot

Has A Large Member
Maybe not the "best" story, but very ironic:

FedEx Ground terminal manager swiped some overgoods gift cards from a box of wine that was shipped out by a winery less than a half-mile away. Caught on camera redeeming them at a local store. Was marched out of the building by security.

After a few months, coworkers noticed his car parked every day at a nearby winery. Turns out he got an office job at the same winery he swiped the gift cards from!

As he was a toxic jerk that everybody hated, someone cheerfully snitched to the winery. Never saw his car parked out there again.
Ok when I’m cleaning out trailers I always see those discount wine cards all the time. Think it’s a plant by loss preventions?

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
In a way this story fits: know-it-all alt-stew, who was dating the head stew and had nearly 2 decades FT seniority, was screwing around on the job. Knew mgmt was coming for him; they'd termed him the week prior. Went ahead and had several missed on a very light dispatch. He'd held the bid on the route for years. They termed him another time. What'd he do? Filed his grievance on the 11th day.

The case vainly went to panel. He no longer works for UPS.
I don’t get it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How many ex employees have used the gas card to fill up the family truckster? One dummy supreme used the card on a Sunday! Everyone knows the proper technique is to siphon just a few gallons daily!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How many ex employees have used the gas card to fill up the family truckster? One dummy supreme used the card on a Sunday! Everyone knows the proper technique is to siphon just a few gallons daily!

Years ago we had a labor manager get fired for filling his own car on property...

:nobrainzombis:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Years ago we had a labor manager get fired for filling his own car on property...

:nobrainzombis:

Saw that happen with a preload supe. He had used his personal vehicle to shuttle out some late air

and filled his tank back on property. And the pumps are right in front of the feeder dispatch office.

:biggrin:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I had a manager tell me that someone used a fuel card on a Sunday here just a couple weeks ago.

Loss prevention has been called. Maybe I'll have a story to share in this thread soon. :lol:

DELACROIX

Saw that happen with a preload supe. He had used his personal vehicle to shuttle out some late air

and filled his tank back on property. And the pumps are right in front of the feeder dispatch office.

:biggrin:

There has been some stupid arrogant ex managers/supervisors that have taken the “walk of shame” .. funny thing about it is that most of their co-workers knew it was coming.. it was just a matter of time.

⏰.... Tick..tick...tick... :kickedoutsmile:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The most notable in my Local, was a driver who had gotten divorced and hooked on crack.

Turns out, he was living with a stripper in a seedy hotel room in the worst part of town. Thats when it got good.

He delivered to a large computer store and every day he was holding back pkgs. Rented a storage unit behind

the store and would drop them there. When busted.... he had over 100k worth of merchandise.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I never got caught.......kidding.

always wondered about that.
any retired drivers here that pulled off some perfect crimes? There must be some that were never caught.

The only thing i got away with was pocketing hardware I would find near load doors on the ground. didnt even know it was wrong until I told a loss prevention guy during peak one day. we were just bsing near the door while i was waiting for a trailer to be loaded when i told him about all the hardware I had collected over the years.....nuts , bolts etc.

He told me i could be fired for stealing as i was supposed to turn it in. I have found unopened packages in empty trailers that we would sweep out before taking to a cpu customer and always turned them in. Usually very small packages that were stuffed in the corner with trash.

What I told LP , I didnt get in trouble since not caught in the act with evidence but after our conversation never picked up anything off the ground again.

DELACROIX

I never got caught.......kidding.

always wondered about that.
any retired drivers here that pulled off some perfect crimes? There must be some that were never caught.

The only thing i got away with was pocketing hardware I would find near load doors on the ground. didnt even know it was wrong until I told a loss prevention guy during peak one day. we were just bsing near the door while i was waiting for a trailer to be loaded when i told him about all the hardware I had collected over the years.....nuts , bolts etc.

He told me i could be fired for stealing as i was supposed to turn it in. I have found unopened packages in empty trailers that we would sweep out before taking to a cpu customer and always turned them in. Usually very small packages that were stuffed in the corner with trash.

What I told LP , I didnt get in trouble since not caught in the act with evidence but after our conversation never picked up anything off the ground again.

In our building we have a 30 + year L/P manager .. once he retires what a book he could ✍️...

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
24 year driver that everyone liked with a wife and kids started banging a girl on his route. In the truck. On the clock. Sometimes they’d even drink beer together. Went on for quite a while. Long story short, things went south between them, police got involved, and management found out about everything he’d been up to. It’s my route now.

Another guy started swiping high value stuff off of other guys trucks and would stop by his house on the way to his route and leave it in his garage.

One guy tail-whipped a mailbox and never reported it, only to be caught by the neighbor’s ring doorbell camera across the street.

Also not a good idea to start running your entire route like a mail carrier and do every street the evens up one side and the odds down the other. Fired for stealing time.
Sounds like a good route. Things must’ve been tight when he started putting things south.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Our center had a driver pulled over on the route by the police and charged with drunk driving. He is wearing his brown shirt in his mug shot. The shot is high enough that it doesn’t show the UPS emblem but us UPSers know it is his work shirt.