Epic Terminations!

Hot Carl

Several years ago we had a part time supervisor throwing send again 📦’s over the fence while he was in the yard doing an audit. Caught him with an exploding dye box...Our L/P guy was grinning ear to ear..

:bigsmile2:

He was also stealing cash from his co-workers when he was in the building..

Talk about having some 🧶🧶’s
This story was told to me by a 33 year driver, but long before my time here, there was a driver who had one of our mall routes who started stealing :censored2: from the jewelry store. They figured out which ones he was always taking, and rigged it with the ink bomb. Nailed him.

Yolo

We got a guy that buys Jordan from footlocker finish line employees and immediately lists them on eBay. The stock never hits the sales floor.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
We got a guy that buys Jordan from footlocker finish line employees and immediately lists them on eBay. The stock never hits the sales floor.

Cell phones were a hot item, now it is tennis shoes...we had a couple of newer part timers try to wear them past the guard desk...

It didn’t work too well, those brand new Air Jordan’s glow in the dark... dead give away.

badpal

Back when we took cash, we had a driver that was gambling with it on the weekends. Apparently he always paid it back but shippers were wondering why their money was late. 16 years, down the drain.
Lots of storys in the old days about drivers rolling COD cash

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Lots of storys in the old days about drivers rolling COD cash

Saddest case I ever saw about COD money, was driver that forgot his wallet and borrowed $5 for lunch.

The guy tried to be honest.... and wrote an IOU that he turned in with his cash at the end of the day. He could have

been dishonest and said he miscounted, dropped a bill, etc. and made restitution the next day.

Got fired at the panel.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Saddest case I ever saw about COD money, was driver that forgot his wallet and borrowed $5 for lunch.

The guy tried to be honest.... and wrote an IOU that he turned in with his cash at the end of the day. He could have

been dishonest and said he miscounted, dropped a bill, etc. and made restitution the next day.

Got fired at the panel.
Must not have been paid under...

Re-Raise

Years ago before the DIAD boards had the COD values listed for the packages, I delivered a COD to a business on my route.
Back then they had COD tags on them. I either didn’t see the tag or it had fallen off. so I didn’t collect the couple of hundred for the COD.

When the business owner was contacted by UPS and the shipper about payment he SWORE he paid the driver cash for it at delivery. He also said it wasn’t me that delivered it.

Well they could easily track it and saw that I made the delivery. Management never doubted me, and when I told the store owner I was the one that delivered it he said.”Oh.. I must not have paid it then” and paid what he owed.

It makes you wonder what would have happened to a rookie driver or someone who didn’t know the owner of the store?

Last edited:

Phenom5

How many ex employees have used the gas card to fill up the family truckster? One dummy supreme used the card on a Sunday! Everyone knows the proper technique is to siphon just a few gallons daily!
Know of a guy who took his personal vehicle into the yard and got gas. Was fired the next day.

Phenom5

We had a guy who delivered to a super Target. One day he went in to buy snacks and went to the self checkout lane. He acted like he was scanning items and thru the items in a bag and left. He was fired that night cause target’s manager called UPS supervisor right after it happened. They sent the video in, and if you’ve ever been to target they literally have a “you are being recorded” screen with a camera right in your face.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
We had a guy who delivered to a super Target. One day he went in to buy snacks and went to the self checkout lane. He acted like he was scanning items and thru the items in a bag and left. He was fired that night cause target’s manager called UPS supervisor right after it happened. They sent the video in, and if you’ve ever been to target they literally have a “you are being recorded” screen with a camera right in your face.
Wow over some snacks why?

Brownwind

This story was told to me by a 33 year driver, but long before my time here, there was a driver who had one of our mall routes who started stealing :censored2: from the jewelry store. They figured out which ones he was always taking, and rigged it with the ink bomb. Nailed him.
That was a rumor in the eighties early nineties. We used to get those stories at pcm. Not sure if they were true but very effective.

Brownwind

Nice. Hope it’s on YouTube