Eri time!!!!

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
ERI time equals doughnuts, juice, bagels, and a box o' joe every morning for at least a week. I love the ERI. I don't expect things to change... they haven't yet, so I answer honestly and take a chocolate covered with sprinkles for the road:lol:

Q

Question of ERI

I am under the impression that the ERI is done from an outside source. This is because the results are published and are a direct reflection on the managment team. If done internally the results would be viewed as skewed. My only question is if the mgmt team has access to the results prior to completion.

DS

Fenderbender
I am under the impression that the ERI is done from an outside source. This is because the results are published and are a direct reflection on the managment team. If done internally the results would be viewed as skewed. My only question is if the mgmt team has access to the results prior to completion.
No,they have to wait for the results.

over9five

Staff member
I believe that if you refuse to take the ERI, THEN MANAGEMENT TAKES IT FOR YOU!
They love when an employee won't take it, because then they can give your survey all positive answers! This is why the numbers ALWAYS come in higher than we all know they should.

VTBrown

They love when an employee won't take it, because then they can give your survey all positive answers! This is why the numbers ALWAYS come in higher than we all know they should.

Exactly!

You guys should be taking the ERI. Anyone who doesn't think the above is happening.......better get a clue.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!

I don't doubt that might happen in some places but it didn't in our center. They had to have 10 people take the survey in order for it to be sent in. They didn't get the 10 they needed. There was no ERI survey for our center that year. And believe me we heard about it all year from the on-car assigned to our center.

Zeus70

Should I take the ERI or not take it. I would like to put the screws to them as much as I can. They just go do what they want anyway.

Dfigtree

Well, this is like an episode from The Office. Rick Moranis (not his real name, he only looks like him when he curls his hair) gets a bad ERI. So, rather than addressing it himself, which would require him have some ****S, which he does not have, I looked, he has the resident ugly gather all the managers together to discuss Rick's ERI bad points. What takes place at the meeting is an excellent discussion of what improvements need to be made. All the time UG is taking notes. After two hours or so, everyone is worn out and we all figure that the recommendations we have come up with will be forwarded to Rick Moranis (only looks like him). Right and wrong. UG says she will tell Rick what was discussed but will not put anything in writing. Maybe she cannot write. I don't know but if she spoke to Jim, er, Rick, using only her memory and her understanding of the recommendations, then you can pretty damn clearly state that RICK and his accomplice, UG, have no intention of changing a damn thing. This took place in I.T. (I.S). I was there. The only way to recognize an honest I.T. manager is that that manager was demoted. All the others will eventually be demoted. Mark my words. UG JK your times will come. You do not have the metal agility to manage.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Ah yes, ERI time! I look forward to this every year and you can always tell it's coming when management starts trying to kiss your ass. The first year I took it when all was said and done our centre posted, I don't know, like and 85% favourable rating or something. We got a little plaque for the office that posted the scores from the last couple of years and there was that big 85% staring us in the face everyday. Last year, however, after a year of headaches and insanity, our score dropped to 39% favourable and gee, for some strange reason the score from 2006 is mysteriously absent from that plaque. Makes me smile every day.

And one other thing . . . there seriously needs to me more lines of text for the comment section at the end. I cannot possibly fit all the ranting I need to do in that tiny little space.

L

looky here

Mark my words. UG JK your times will come. You do not have the metal agility to manage.

Ha, yeah...

Anyway, UPS doesn't have any other metric that I can recall that they measure once per year.

Since 1997 it'd be useless to let the most unworthy of people on earth judge those that provide their livelihood.

Nobody gives a friend about the ERI. Nobody should.

Unfortunate that nobody has the metal agility to manage loons. Try OC Choppers or something.

Lobofan5

Lots of cold bottled water has suddenly shown up at the center..i dont think that will last much longer.

Ive also gotten a hat, new shirt AND a lunchbag this week ALONE.

E- even UPS managers
R- really care
I- if its ERI time.

UPS Lifer

I always try to look at the glass as half full but not on this topic. The ERI has evolved into the biggest waste of time for all parties involved. It is a report card that means nothing. I have used the comments section for the last 4 years and spoke my mind. I never saw a ripple of change.

The one good thing it does is let you blow off steam and someone does have to read it. But think about it....this is like writing a letter to the president! I personally know of idiots that have been fired for taking the survey for their people. There are other idiots that stand right behind their employees and put pressure on them to put certain answers. Then there are employees (mgmt and non-mgmt) that don't really interpret the question properly and answer it with dis-information. I detested this part of the job more than any other part. Then the district recognizes the operations that do real well on the survey. WOW!

Here is a better way to see what folks really think....

Get an independent team or teams and randomly visit districts all year long. Pick people from the district again randomly and have these folks interviewed one on one. Put together a report based on the random interviews and have the team publish the report by district and come up with solutions to fix the areas that need it. By hiting every operation in the district and doing a random sample you can get valuable insight into what is going on and what needs to be done.

MAYBE - the districts will be more prone to continuing an effort to communicate and solve problems all year long if they know that this independent company is going to come in randomly and pull folks out of the operation and interview them.

Fnix

Management in my center actually want me to get OT. They tell me to come in 45 mins before sort for something that takes 10 mins. And they always have me staying till last one out.

I tell them that I'm over 5 hours to see what they say. They always say "It's worth every penny." And the time always shows up on paycheck.

upsgrunt

During the course of my 15 hour paid day yesterday, I OD'sd into the center if I could "Pleeaassee take the ERI when I get in"- I'm still waiting for a reply. By the way-3 1/2 hours of preload, 11 1/4 hours of dispatch, and just for good measure we got a message that all drivers are to unload their own pkg cars- good for another 15 minutes. All this in 94 degree humid ass weather. I was hot in more ways than one. Tell me UPS really cares about their employees! Is this a great job or what?:tongue_sm

cpa-ups-icon

BIG member
I passed up the opportunity to take it one year and the boss was pretty upset about it. I was the only one in the building who didn't do it.

Same here I refused to take it also, what a god awful waste of my time, they really get upset about not taking it too. If they addressed any of the issues that come up negative maybe I would reconsider taking it.. :confused:1

cpa-ups-icon

BIG member
Here is a better way to see what folks really think....

Get an independent team or teams and randomly visit districts all year long. Pick people from the district again randomly and have these folks interviewed one on one. Put together a report based on the random interviews and have the team publish the report by district and come up with solutions to fix the areas that need it. By hiting every operation in the district and doing a random sample you can get valuable insight into what is going on and what needs to be done.

Oh thats all I need another suit to ask me questions about UPS that he or she has no clue about. Its like putting a part time sup in as an on car who never drove before,,,,,,,,they are usually clueless and think that they have a better plan than a veteran driver.:confused:1

Last edited:

Braveheart

I truly do not believe that anyone cares about the ERI.
My building has not ever broken 30% positive on it that I am aware of. Nothing changes- we are still getting killed on over 9 1/2 and that is with most drivers having a greivance in. No one gets penalty pay either. It's hopeless I tell ya, pure hopeless!
We get the dble time here. You have to file to get it for starters. It takes months but I am not going anywhere. Last one was only about $20 but it bought 2 lunches!