Eric Holder

moreluck

golden ticket member
US Attorney General Eric Holder completely unaware that federal courthouses require visitors to show government-issued photo IDs

Galactically stupid and irremediably corrupt.
(POLITICO) — Due to a recent work assignment, I had the opportunity to enter a federal courthouse about 200 times in the past six weeks or so. Each and every time, I was asked for a photo ID, which the court security officer looked at and then allowed me to put away in my wallet.
This procedure, which takes place tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of times each day in federal courthouses across the country, is apparently entirely unknown to the nation’s top law enforcement officer, Attorney General Eric Holder.

At a House Judiciary Committee oversight hearing Thursday, Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) asked Holder about the practice, which has been standard procedure at most, if not all, federal courthouses for the last decade or so.

“If I were to go to the federal courthouse here in D.C., either as a party or as an attorney, wouldn’t I have to show a government-issued photo ID?” Lungren asked.

moreluck

golden ticket member
(Washington Examiner) — House Republicans say they have run out of patience with the Justice Department over its withholding of documents related to the gun walking operation known as Fast and Furious.

The House Oversight and Government reform committee announced Monday that it will vote on a “contempt of Congress” motion against U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder “for his failure to produce documents” related to the department’s knowledge of Fast and Furious, which the panel subpoenaed in October.

The announcement ends a brief detente between the two branches over Fast and Furious. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, tried to stave off a contempt vote by pressuring the White House directly to turn over thousands of pages of documents, but the Justice Department has not complied.

Aides told The Washington Examiner that the committee’s statement could be a last-ditch effort to get Holder to cough up the documents. The statement includes this line: “If the Attorney General decides to produce these subpoenaed documents, I am confident we can reach agreement on other materials and render the process of contempt unnecessary.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Orrin Hatch Demands Holder’s Resignation Over Fast and Furious
Utah Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch has joined his congressional colleagues in demanding Attorney General Eric Holder’s resignation in the wake of Operation Fast and Furious.
Hatch made the call during a Wednesday interview on former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s radio show. “Well if he doesn’t cooperate with the Congress on this Fast and Furious, where one of our agents was killed because of the stupidity of this administration, then he ought to step own,” Hatch said.

Read more: Sen Orrin Hatch Demands Holder’s Resignation - Sen. Orrin Hatch - Fox Nation

moreluck

golden ticket member
113410_600.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Issa has been requesting the documents for quite some time. Holder keeps ducking and now he has asked his BFF to put "executive privelege" on all the documents so he doesn't have to turn them over.

That action just makes me more suspicious of Holder AND now the president too......and what is it they don't want us to see? What are they hiding? Sneaky rats!! They can leak and spill everything else when it benefits them, so this must hang one of them.

Holder has to go and then his buddy in Nov.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Issa has been requesting the documents for quite some time. Holder keeps ducking and now he has asked his BFF to put "executive privelege" on all the documents so he doesn't have to turn them over.

That action just makes me more suspicious of Holder AND now the president too......and what is it they don't want us to see? What are they hiding? Sneaky rats!! They can leak and spill everything else when it benefits them, so this must hang one of them.

Holder has to go and then his buddy in Nov.

Good luck on that one. Executive priviledge will put an end to ISSA's useless hearings.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Past presidents have used executive priviledge many times.

W. BUSH 6 times

B. Clinton 14 times

R. Reagan 24 times

B. OBAMA 1 time.

get over it.

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Past presidents have used executive priviledge many times.

W. BUSH 6 times

B. Clinton 14 times

R. Reagan 24 times

B. OBAMA 1 time.

get over it.

peace

TOS

The questin is not other preezies.

I don't think it's actually applicable here.......judges will decide. When it's applicable, it's OK.....but just to get your BFF out of trouble....not OK.

Holder's gotta go and Obama is too narcissistic to let anyone or anything sink his bid for re-election. He'll throw him under the bus!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Executive privilege.....

"The principle that members of the executive branch of government cannot legally be forced to disclose their confidential communications when such disclosure would adversely affect the operations or procedures of the executive branch".

I thought Eric said he didn't go to the whitehouse with any of this........then how can there be E.P. if he never talked to Obama about it? So,did he lie undre oath?