Everyone on 9.5 doesn't seem great for high senority drivers?

JustDeliverIt

So more routes in even though no 22.4’s yet?

We've had the 8.2 plan going for 3 or 4 weeks now, it's been nice. And they have been putting in the routes here as well without the 22.4's. I've ran 2 Mondays in the past month where they dispatched me under 8 and just paid my guarantee so that other routes were run lighter. And a few other ones have had the same thing happening on Fridays.
Do I honestly expect it to last after peak, no. If it does, I will be thrilled. I enjoy being home before the kids are in bed and even getting to have a warm, home cooked dinner a few nights a week is great. Just not counting on it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oh cry me a river!

proxy-8.gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So basically we’re making them more money with providing far better service.

How can we be making them more money with 20% more trucks to buy, morw fuel used, 20% more drivers with H&W and pension to pay?

We make them more money with 60 drivers at 10 hours per day than 75 drivers at 8 hours per day.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Costs aren’t as high as everyone thinks. Not to mention it’s just as much about retention as it is anything else. Turnover costs big $$$$

Costs aren’t as high as everyone thinks. Not to mention it’s just as much about retention as it is anything else. Turnover costs big $$$$
But you are paying more people a lot more dead time. PCM, driving to and from the route, paid breaks,turn in at the end of the day.
Not to mention the extra fuel .

Then add on the benefits package.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But you are paying more people a lot more dead time. PCM, driving to and from the route, paid breaks,turn in at the end of the day.
Not to mention the extra fuel .

Then add on the benefits package.
We’re paying those benefits whether that same driver sits at home or works, this way we’re at least getting something out of it.

And you’re absolutely right we’re Paying them to do the work, but we’re coming out even when you look at cost per piece. And in my district cost per piece is flat from when we were shoving it down everyone’s throats to now.

We’re paying those benefits whether that same driver sits at home or works, this way we’re at least getting something out of it.

And you’re absolutely right we’re Paying them to do the work, but we’re coming out even when you look at cost per piece. And in my district cost per piece is flat from when we were shoving it down everyone’s throats to now.
I've never understood all of the dead day they give out. OMG IVE might have a 7.9 day so let's cut a route and give him a 11 hour day.
And pay someone in benefits $200 to stay home.

Last edited: