Everyone on 9.5 doesn't seem great for high senority drivers?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We’re paying those benefits whether that same driver sits at home or works, this way we’re at least getting something out of it.

No you're not. You hired more drivers for this 8.2.

They are new and were not sitting at home with these paid bennies.

And you’re absolutely right we’re Paying them to do the work, but we’re coming out even when you look at cost per piece. And in my district cost per piece is flat from when we were shoving it down everyone’s throats to now.

Exactly.

I responded to @Brown287 who said we make you more money with a lower paid day and more drivers.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
No you're not. You hired more drivers for this 8.2.

They are new and were not sitting at home with these paid bennies.

Exactly.

I responded to @Brown287 who said we make you more money with a lower paid day and more drivers.
Drivers?We have mostly on car supervisors from surrounding states running no more than 70 stops. Their already paid with salary.

Where is benwebene?
l2YWfTmDHbMHdvPdm.gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
@FrigidFTSup It’s true....I work in NorCal in what is referred to as “South Division”. Last Thursday my center was PCM’d by management the year over year numbers. 8.4 compared to a 10.4 last year and we beat all the metrics and were specifically told that UPS is getting more bang for their buck. Makes sense though, you definitely have more spring in your step throughout your week when you’re only working 8.5 hours a day compared to 10.5. Anyhow hope that helps.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I bet union hall has a phone number. They could have text it to u emailed and other ways 5 years inbetween contracts you had time to figure out how vote.

I voted just fine, thank you. My issue is with those who have only been around for a short time, who don't really understand what being in a union means. If they didn't get a ballot, and no one happened to stop and talk to them about the contract, they may not have ever known anything was going on. 33% of our local did not receive ballots, and there was only a one week window in which to correct that. Not exactly a lot of time.

We’re paying those benefits whether that same driver sits at home or works, this way we’re at least getting something out of it.

And you’re absolutely right we’re Paying them to do the work, but we’re coming out even when you look at cost per piece. And in my district cost per piece is flat from when we were shoving it down everyone’s throats to now.
So you just change the metric from cost per stop to cost per piece. Will I now be dispatched by piece count instead of stop count? A properly staffed center will always have drivers laid off due to fluctuating volume. Doesn’t matter if the planned day is 8.2 or 11.2. The key words are properly staffed.