Everyone on 9.5 doesn't seem great for high senority drivers?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by margaritaville, Oct 16, 2018.

1. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

Before all the low senority people have to go help. But with new contract dispatch will go "sorry we burned up all the low senority drivers hours out, they can't go over 9/5 we need you to help." Could really screw up fridays for high senority drivers assumming they didn't go over 9/5 early in the week but low senority did.

2. Brown287

Brown287 Im not the Mail Man!

UPS already has a solution in place.....it’s called an 8.2 day. With peak we’ll get a slight reprieve from 9.5 BS but come January 15th it’s gonna get real. Those who don’t want OT will be in hog heaven and those who do want it will be like sharks around a chum bucket.

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Oh cry me a river!
    Peter-Griffin-Crying.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Until they don't make the quarterly profits....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

There is no difference in someone being a 1 day driver (after qualifying) and a 30 year driver. There are no perks that the higher seniority person gets to go home early on a Friday because of a 9.5 violation. We're all equal and on the list now. If you want to be off early on Friday, call out and save the rest of us your bullcrap.

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's be interesting because I'm gonna bet performance is up.

I know my performance for an 8 hour day is much better than it is for an 11 hour day.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. Brown287

Last Thursday they PCM’d us our year over year stats. They didn’t bode well at all for the extensive overtime days. Last year average paid day was 10.4 now its 8.2 with one stop better on SPORH. So basically we’re making them more money with providing far better service.

8. Grey

Grey Active Member

Source?

9. Brown287

Source?!?!?! Uhmmmm me. There’s a national push to bring down paid days. Peak will provide a reprieve from that but after January 15th more than likely it will right back to 8.2.

10. Grey

Grey Active Member

So more routes in even though no 22.4’s yet?

11. Brown287

Yes....far more routes have been dispatched then we’ve ever seen before. Biggest question I have is rather these new drivers hired after August 1st will automatically be retroactively made into 22.4’s once the contract is ratified.

12. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

You would have to bid on a 22.4. I don't think they can retroactively change a job you bid on.

13. Brown287

Not sure.....clearly wouldn’t effect me but it’s just another one of the unknowns.

14. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

2kagcy.jpg

15. It's definitely easier to dig in a little bit when you aren't getting pounded everyday.

I just wonder how much is this costing the company?

16. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

I will believe that when it happens. I wish it would have happened when I was working.
    I would have put in 2 or 3 more years and enjoyed the ride.

17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

8.2 hour planned day is not happening everywhere. PT air drivers average more then that at my building.

18. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

The physical restraints of the building, can have an effect.

19. babboo25

babboo25 Well-Known Member

It’s happening at our building and it’s great, body doesn’t hurt as bad, making all the kids sporting events by 6, paycheck is still over $1200 thanks to Trump #MAGA

20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Your building sounds like a complete :censored2: show.