Everyone works New Year's Eve

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1420088165.799820.jpg
I went in and ran 88 stops in seven hours, it was an easy day. They put up a bid sheet here and you can request eight hours if you want. I didn't want to come in early to work the Preload, I started about half an hour before the posted 9AM start time. Relaxed commit times, I followed all methods, I even followed EDD to really run up the miles.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
View attachment 22723I went in and ran 88 stops in seven hours, it was an easy day. They put up a bid sheet here and you can request eight hours if you want. I didn't want to come in early to work the Preload, I started about half an hour before the posted 9AM start time. Relaxed commit times, I followed all methods, I even followed EDD to really run up the miles.
After all these years?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
After all these years?

LOL, I like my gravy too much. Usually I don't go in on holidays. Our old oven went out the other day and I figure I can just about pay cash for the new one with what I made today. I have got to where I like to pay cash for anything under a grand.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

We seem to talk a lot about how we are entitled to the 8 hour guarantee. Seems over 90 percent are afraid to ask for it though. Is it true that even though you volunteer for these holiday days, Saturdays and Sundays that we just worked are you still entitled to 8 hours if you request it?
I don't think in my local we are guaranteed 8 on holiday air only days.....if we deliver ground we are guaranteed 8

working up a sweat

Worked the night sort. Just got out at 02:30.

Only half of the night sort people showed up.

When walking in at 23:00, I asked the FT sup if there is going to be a balloon drop at midnight.

AKCoverMan

The only time I am afraid to "demand" my 8 is when I am afraid that they will find more work for me to do.

I work plenty of 10-14 hour days so when the occasional short day comes along I am happy to accept. I don't know why everyone thinks the company is somehow getting over on me if I choose to go home early.

But that debate was a moot point yesterday. Day began with a call at 0730 changing start time from 0845 to 1000. Yuck.

Oh well, it's an air only day so still thinking about being done around 1700-1800... Ran a route in a town about 40 miles from city but since it was weird air only day they gave me 9 city NDA stops on the opposite end of the city from the town the rest of my route was in. Again, oh well, lot of wind$hield time right? Get to last stop at 1757 only for green light to pop on.. Rookie driver on a route he does not know is struggling. Get to him he has 45 stops left so I take 20. Punch out 2134. 11.57hours of time and a half plus 8 straight holiday pay. Happy New Year to me! Lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
View attachment 22723I went in and ran 88 stops in seven hours, it was an easy day. They put up a bid sheet here and you can request eight hours if you want. I didn't want to come in early to work the Preload, I started about half an hour before the posted 9AM start time. Relaxed commit times, I followed all methods, I even followed EDD to really run up the miles.
That looks like a fedex load.

RealPerson

We ran a Signup sheet. I am in Central region so, it is usually straight time or 1.5 (can't remember) But, they picked up More than Air, so it wasn't air only!!!
HUMMMM