Everyone works New Year's Eve

BrownTexas

And shure as hell wouldn't "show up at 830". Get a contract book for Christ sake.
The 24 hour rule doesn't exist. No one here can find it in the contract book. It only applies to feeders who have a scheduled run and bid on said timed scheduled runs. We just went through this and found this all out.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Tonight might crack open one of my five xmas gifts 1800 Tequila. Still no money this year, i average 200 a year so i guess new years resolution is gonna be no favors for those tight wads conservatives that dont appreciate we doing favors for them. I can change to a bigger a hole.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Tonight might crack open one of my five xmas gifts 1800 Tequila. Still no money this year, i average 200 a year so i guess new years resolution is gonna be no favors for those tight wads conservatives that dont appreciate we doing favors for them. I can change to a bigger a hole.
Maybe you already changed into one. Lol.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
You have to make them an offer they can't refuse...

some1else

Banned
Check your supplement. You technically don't have to request it ahead of time--that's a management request and past practice. As a courtesy we write 8 hours next to our name when we sign up to volunteer for a holiday, however here is the language that grants the 8 hour guarantee in my supplement:
23wlh6q.jpg
Thats right. Here they instruct drivers to enter a different paycode, and by entering that they are waiving their 8hrs. Im on the side of if im scheduled im coming in and working 8; no "oncall" or "we dont need you" for me. We also notify by prior day that we want our gurantee even though its not required.
Volunteer or drafted im a full time employee and work 8 hours everyday. I have gotten to take pride in how clean i can get the package cars windshields after working on them for 5 hours (250$) lol
Ive worked every "air only" holiday for the last ten years and worked 8-10 hours every one of them.

sportsjock

We had a bid list go up for New Years Eve. They said there was only a need for 20-25 drivers. The list was full. Also the list stated if you wanted 8 hours of work you needed to request it in writing. Most if not all drivers requested 8 hrs. I got New Years Eve off, back on Friday.