exception air driver question

haloinception

I have been a PT employee at UPS since 2001,recently won an exception air driver bid and completed driving class.
My question is, would I keep my current twilight PT job and air drive after completing my 30 day packet driving packet ?

Box Ox

My question is, would I keep my current twilight PT job and air drive after completing my 30 day packet driving packet ?

Yes. Exception air, by definition, is run by a PT employee whose official classification is not an air driver. You might drive before or after your sort, or be asked to fill in when needed for a bid air driver who is out sick or taking time off.

From your first 5E punch, the two year clock to top rate as an exception air driver begins. Doesn’t matter how many 5E punches you actually have. Would still recommend an inside PTer go for an AM/PM bid air slot as it becomes available in order to get completely out of their sort.

haloinception

Oh okay, I didn’t know if I would report to my current twilight job because when I asked if I still would work twilight , the on road supervisor said no. I got a call from another on road supervisor stating I have to be at the center at 6:30am this Tuesday (which will be my first day) to do early AM , then air after that . The language in article 40 is kinda vague.
What do you mean by “ get completely out of their sort” ? Thanks for your input, I’m finding brown Café to be valuable

PT Car Washer

Oh okay, I didn’t know if I would report to my current twilight job because when I asked if I still would work twilight , the on road supervisor said no. I got a call from another on road supervisor stating I have to be at the center at 6:30am this Tuesday (which will be my first day) to do early AM , then air after that . The language in article 40 is kinda vague.
What do you mean by “ get completely out of their sort” ? Thanks for your input, I’m finding brown Café to be valuable
Sounds like you are not going to be an air exception driver but a bid EAM driver. If you work Twi you must have 10 hours off before driving EAM. This is not an option but could result in fines for the company and you and termination.

CoolStoryBro

You have to be off the clock for at least 10 hours before you punch in for the shift you drive on. This is federal law. Not UPS rules. Not sure what twilight hours are. Or when exactly you start your EAM route.

haloinception

You have to be off the clock for at least 10 hours before you punch in for the shift you drive on. This is federal law. Not UPS rules. Not sure what twilight hours are. Or when exactly you start your EAM route.
I understand DOT violations can result in heavy personal and company fines . I bid on air exception driver, yet management are trying to get me to do early AM as well. Im going to HR Monday to hopefully sort this issue.
My twilight starts 5pm and usually ends 10:30 pm at the latest.

CoolStoryBro

I understand DOT violations can result in heavy personal and company fines . I bid on air exception driver, yet management are trying to get me to do early AM as well. Im going to HR Monday to hopefully sort this issue.

What does Air Exception mean? Never heard of it. What does the bid say? what hours? Refuse extra work if you don't want it.

The driver steward will be most helpful.

haloinception

What does Air Exception mean? Never heard of it. What does the bid say? what hours? Refuse extra work if you don't want it.

The driver steward will be most helpful.

Here is a pic of the bid, it doesn’t say anything about early AM. I cropped out the rest of it for others privacy.

haloinception

You can't do both jobs then

I’m all for doing air and Saturday, just no way to do AM and keep my original insider job well ass

Attachments

• 67675AF4-D1E0-44AB-99CC-DCC6FE8D17C3.jpeg
    67675AF4-D1E0-44AB-99CC-DCC6FE8D17C3.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 364

haloinception

Sorry. I mean besides UPS
Yes, I have another PT besides UPS. I was planning on resigning from since I recently won the air exception bid. There is no way to clock out of UPS at 10pm and be back at 6:30am to do Early AM air. I’m going to HR tomorrow to return my loaner Browns and figure out this dilemma I’m in

Yes, I have another PT besides UPS. I was planning on resigning from since I recently won the air exception bid. There is no way to clock out of UPS at 10pm and be back at 6:30am to do Early AM air. I’m going to HR tomorrow to return my loaner Browns and figure out this dilemma I’m in
You need to follow the DOT rules very carefully

haloinception

You need to follow the DOT rules very carefully

I agree , I play by the rules thats why I’m concerned .