Exercise

Danny1987

Part timers and driving or driver helper are way different.

You don't prepare for 4 hours of moving boxes by running for 10 minutes.
No dought :thumbup1:
If a person was starting UPS as a truck loader or package handler, what would you recommend they do before their first day of work so that they would increase their chances of being successful?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If a person was starting UPS as a truck loader or package handler, what would you recommend they do before their first day of work so that they would increase their chances of being successful?
Just go in with the attitude that you're not gonna quit. Nothing really makes it any easier. I was in great shape. Was still sore as :censored2: for a few weeks

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
At least give the job a week or two. You Jump through all those hoops to get hired, go to school and just quit??
He was a seasonal driver candidate too! Back in Minny we had them preload for a week so we knew if they could handle it before going to class. I remember calling my sup and couldn't stop laughing.

He never even said a word. He just turned around and walked out the door.

MzTeaze

As a loader, drink lots of water, stretch after work AND invest in Epson salt & Advil. No amount of prep will keep you from being sore for (up to) the first full month.

Additionally, keep in mind, there are no comfort temps in the hub or trailer during loading. So if it's hot & muggy outside that's what are working with INSIDE as well. We had no fans. Same with cold temps - you will cold inside too.

Danny1987

As a loader, drink lots of water, stretch after work AND invest in Epson salt & Advil. No amount of prep will keep you from being sore for (up to) the first full month.

Additionally, keep in mind, there are no comfort temps in the hub or trailer during loading. So if it's hot & muggy outside that's what are working with INSIDE as well. We had no fans. Same with cold temps - you will cold inside too.
Thanks for the heads up :likeit: