Exercise

Danny1987

Hi everyone.
I worked as a driver's helper in the past and before my first day I tried to exercise during the same hours that I would be working as a driver's helper. It really helped a lot and my driver said I was what he considered a runner.
Now I'm going to be a casual package driver, which I'm not even sure exactly what that is as opposed to a seasonal delivery driver, (if someone could explain the difference between the two that would be great). But I would highly recommend anyone starting a job at UPS or anywhere that you should probably exercise at home during the hours that you will be working, so that way when you go to work it'll be so much easier.

Let's say you have to be at work at 8 a.m. and you get off at 5 p.m. Well at home I would start exercising for 5 or 10 minutes at 8, then do the same thing at 9, then the same thing at 10 and so on until 5.

It's very important to be prepared physically and mentally for any new job :onitswaysmiley:

Indecisi0n

Hi everyone.
I worked as a driver's helper in the past and before my first day I tried to exercise during the same hours that I would be working as a driver's helper. It really helped a lot and my driver said I was what he considered a runner.
Now I'm going to be a casual package driver, which I'm not even sure exactly what that is as opposed to a seasonal delivery driver, (if someone could explain the difference between the two that would be great). But I would highly recommend anyone starting a job at UPS or anywhere that you should probably exercise at home during the hours that you will be working, so that way when you go to work it'll be so much easier.

Let's say you have to be at work at 8 a.m. and you get off at 5 p.m. Well at home I would start exercising for 5 or 10 minutes at 8, then do the same thing at 9, then the same thing at 10 and so on until 5.

It's very important to be prepared physically and mentally for any new job :onitswaysmiley:
Post up some shirtless selfies so we can guage where you are to give accurate information.

Danny1987

I get 12 hours of exercises a day in the truck. That's more than enough

Welcome to BC
Oh I'm sure you're in plenty of good shape already. I'm just talking about new hires. I'm simply guessing most people quit in the first couple of days because they're simply physically not fit to handle the physical demands of the job. I mean football players are able to go out there and play football for 3 hours straight only because they practice all week for it

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its not the physical part of the job that people can't handle. Its the mental part. Mind over matter and you will succeed

Danny1987

Its not the physical part of the job that people can't handle. Its the mental part. Mind over matter and you will succeed
Yes I hear you. And what is so interesting to know is that when you physically exercise, it not only helps you physically but it also helps you to be stronger mentally. Especially cardiovascular. Such as riding a bike swimming and especially running. I ride a stationary bike in the living room while watching television lol :thumbsup:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh I'm sure you're in plenty of good shape already. I'm just talking about new hires. I'm simply guessing most people quit in the first couple of days because they're simply physically not fit to handle the physical demands of the job. I mean football players are able to go out there and play football for 3 hours straight only because they practice all week for it
Nope. Most quit because mentally it's overwhelming