Express CEV Points

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Vacation bidding based on CEV points? That is a new one on me. Something sounds very fishy about this one.

The only incident I recall, regarding "outbidding" is when someone (( leaves and returns )) to FedEx.

We had a guy with a 5-digit employee number. He came back after a few years and everyone thought, he was a transfer. He slipped up one day and told us, he left and came back. OOOOPPSSS!

So the next vacation bid, he dropped down almost to the bottom.

SmithBarney

I think it's been covered but CEV are just ranking for bidding JCATS.
Bids for vacation go from Most recent Hire Date.

To Simplify I forget the actual formula(I might have it right.)

Say you(and another) have worked for the company for exactly one year but one of you worked 6 months part time and the other full time.
1 Month PT = .5 CEV
1 Month FT = 1 CEV
(6PT X .5) + (6FT x 1) = 9 CEV
12FT X 1 = 12 CEV

It gets confusing when you have people who have switched back and forth from FT and PT
and then there are those who are "displaced" I'm not sure how they add up those "off months.

Downwardspiral

How does vacation bidding work if someone was off for a long time on an injury? Our station has two employees near each other in number, but the older of the two bids second because they had lost 4-5 months on injury.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think it's been covered but CEV are just ranking for bidding JCATS.
Bids for vacation go from Most recent Hire Date.

To Simplify I forget the actual formula(I might have it right.)

Say you(and another) have worked for the company for exactly one year but one of you worked 6 months part time and the other full time.
1 Month PT = .5 CEV
1 Month FT = 1 CEV
(6PT X .5) + (6FT x 1) = 9 CEV
12FT X 1 = 12 CEV

It gets confusing when you have people who have switched back and forth from FT and PT

If you have been with the company for 24 months and you are FT, you have 24 CEV. It doesn't matter if 20 of those months were PT. The formula is your number of continuous months of service times the multiplier of your CURRENT status. (PT or FT). They don't figure in 20 months of PT CEV + 4 months of FT CEV.

SmithBarney

If you have been with the company for 24 months and you are FT, you have 24 CEV. It doesn't matter if 20 of those months were PT. The formula is your number of continuous months of service times the multiplier of your CURRENT status. (PT or FT). They don't figure in 20 months of PT CEV + 4 months of FT CEV.
I stand corrected.. I'm probably confused it with the fact if you are PT for part of the year you only earn PT vacation during that time

!Retired!

I stand corrected.. I'm probably confused it with the fact if you are PT for part of the year you only earn PT vacation during that time
No, you are correct. You accumulate VACATION as a PT'er, but your CEV points are not 'accumulated' the same way.
Say you start 6/1/14 (fiscal year start) as PT and become FT on 12/1/14. On 5/31/15 you will have accumulated 30 hours vacation (10 hours for the 6 PT months and 20 hours for the 6 FT months). Your CEV pts. on 11/30/2014 would be 3, but on 12/1/14 your CEV pts would be 6 and on 5/31/15 you would have 12 CEV pts.
I don't think the formula is that simple. It USED to be your consecutive months X your last 2 reviews X (1 if FT, .5 if PT AT THE TIME YOU CALCULATE IT). Since there no more reviews, I'm not sure how it's calculated now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, you are correct. You accumulate VACATION as a PT'er, but your CEV points are not 'accumulated' the same way.
Say you start 6/1/14 (fiscal year start) as PT and become FT on 12/1/14. On 5/31/15 you will have accumulated 30 hours vacation (10 hours for the 6 PT months and 20 hours for the 6 FT months). Your CEV pts. on 11/30/2014 would be 3, but on 12/1/14 your CEV pts would be 6 and on 5/31/15 you would have 12 CEV pts.
I don't think the formula is that simple. It USED to be your consecutive months X your last 2 reviews X (1 if FT, .5 if PT AT THE TIME YOU CALCULATE IT). Since there no more reviews, I'm not sure how it's calculated now.

Except during leap years, full moons, and solar eclipses.