Lying To Employees

bacha29

Amazon finds workers. It will be very interesting to see what sorts of critters Fred & Raj can conjure.

I mean, with the labor shortage narrative 'n all.

Maybe have managers hand out job applications at the discharge doors of all the local jails.
Don't forget the mental hospitals.

Mutineer

UPS is a better comparison as far as the services offered. UPS doesn't go through drivers like FedEx.

You're right.

But the kinds of "services offered" by Amazon and FedEx include all manner of poor conduct.

This is of very high entertainment value.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL. That would explain all the MEMPHIS SENT YOU HERE TO SPY, TELL MAURY TO SHOVE IT outbursts of yours.
Deflecting the thread and making up useless crap nobody cares about. You're going to wear out the Shift key on your Commodore 64 BTW. Or, do I need to put it all in caps?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're right.

But the kinds of "services offered" by Amazon and FedEx include all manner of poor conduct.

This is of very high entertainment value.
Judging by the number of Ground trucks I'm seeing on sales lots lately, a lot of contractors are abandoning ship. Most of the trucks had full logos. Newer trucks dominated.

bacha29

Judging by the number of Ground trucks I'm seeing on sales lots lately, a lot of contractors are abandoning ship. Most of the trucks had full logos. Newer trucks dominated.
Contractors were required to remove all FDX logos, brands, DOT numbers from trucks going out of FDX registry But judging by the many I see sitting in the woods. junkyards , converted into backyard storage lockers etc with the full compliment of FDX logos and numbers still on them it's obvious ain't nobody bothering with that task.

People so disgusted with the whole damn mess that what they're saying to Fat Freddy is....."Ok mother fornicator, if you want your vinyl come and get it You stuck it on....You can get it off". The whole sorry company is now a send rate second shipping option also ran.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Contractors were required to remove all FDX logos, brands, DOT numbers from trucks going out of FDX registry But judging by the many I see sitting in the woods. junkyards , converted into backyard storage lockers etc with the full compliment of FDX logos and numbers still on them it's obvious ain't nobody bothering with that task.

People so disgusted with the whole damn mess that what they're saying to Fat Freddy is....."Ok mother fornicator, if you want your vinyl come and get it You stuck it on....You can get it off". The whole sorry company is now a send rate second shipping option also ran.
They aren't all complying. I've seen the same thing with the repurposed/abandoned vehicles. I saw several Isuzu Reaches and Ford Transits, all fully logoed. My guess is that there are a lot more out there, probably on Dano's lot.

Bingo

It should be obvious to all but the most Purple People what FedEx is doing, and that they are absolutely, positively lying about the company restructuring. This has all been carefully planned, and the "rollout' is a known commodity. While extreme lies are nothing new for Express management this new series is especially blatant. They KNOW what is happening now and what is going to happen in the future, as in which locations will close/be consolidated and/or otherwise altered in order to have Ground perform the vast majority of Express work. Yes, your job is probably going away in most cases.

Certain usual suspects have maintained that this is just an efficiency move rather than a wholesale change, and to say otherwise is nothing but a huge lie. "Express couriers are still delivering Express packages" is only true to the extent that some will still be doing FO or hauling cans. It's designed to placate employees into believing little has changed even though the entire business model has fundamentally been altered. Ground is the new Express. Believe it.

You can choose to patronize the fertilizer purveyors, OR you can do a bit of research into the financial news and aviation industry reports to see what's truly happening. Raj and his fellow high-end management types have fully revealed what they're doing to the financial world, but their stooges and shills are soft-peddling the truth to workers. Farmer Raj has taken the corn from the Express silo and combined it with the corn from the Ground silo and is going to tell all of those Express ranch hands that their services are no longer needed. Those less expensive workers at Ground will make Farmer Raj a lot more rupees because he'll still be charging the same old prices and surcharges. The Express corn silo is being torn down and scrapped. Almost all the corn will be in the new Ground silo. Fact.

It's there, in writing, all over the media, but "it isn't happening". Yeah, it IS happening, and even if your station isn't being eliminated today, it's in the cards. Do you think that an ethical upper manamagement team should let their "valued team members" know this in terms that they actually understand? Yes, they should, because a lot of employees are just plain ignorant, and Raj and Friends are taking full advantage.

Yes, they absolutely will lie directly to your face and then drop you like a hot rock at first opportunity. Don't trust anything they say and make them pay for what they're doing. The only ways to do that are 1. Leave, 2. Walk-out/Sick-out. 3. Create political turmoil by involving your local Democratic leaders ( don't bother with The Republicans), or 4. Poison the well with customers and anyone else that will listen. Inform them about Fred's RLA protection and that FedEx paid no taxes in 2022. Educate them to the facts that FedEx is both screwing workers and the shipper. Tell them that their package will probably be late, that they're being charged premium rates for sub-standard Ground service, and that the company has zero commitment to them. Profit is the only motive.

Unfortunately, most of you will take it lying down and then whine about it after the fact. Worse, many with Stockholm Syndrome will sympathize and agree that it's just a "business innovation". If you're lucky maybe they'll give you a big foam P1 Cowboy Hat as a parting gift. Some of you will actually wear it. With pride.

So sad. So pathetic. So true.
Made sense till you said call your Democrat leaders-the top leader has Dementia and the rest are making decisions on what stocks they hold

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Made sense till you said call your Democrat leaders-the top leader has Dementia and the rest are making decisions on what stocks they hold

Right. Donald Trump is as sharp as a bowling ball, yet he can do no wrong. You forgive his numerous gaffes, teleprompter misreadings and the fact that he basically cannot speak an entire coherent paragraph. "Dementia Joe", although far from perfect, is not only 100x times more intelligent than Trump (not hard to do BTW), speaks and acts with far more clarity and precision than Captain Bonespurs.
Both parties are on their knees to Big Business. It's the way America works.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Deflecting the thread and making up useless crap nobody cares about. You're going to wear out the Shift key on your Commodore 64 BTW. Or, do I need to put it all in caps?
"I'll turn every thread into a Trump thread but you if point out something I say, I'll just say you're deflecting."

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Deflecting the thread and making up useless crap nobody cares about.

Right. Donald Trump is as sharp as a bowling ball, yet he can do no wrong. You forgive his numerous gaffes, teleprompter misreadings and the fact that he basically cannot speak an entire coherent paragraph. "Dementia Joe", although far from perfect, is not only 100x times more intelligent than Trump (not hard to do BTW), speaks and acts with far more clarity and precision than Captain Bonespurs.
Both parties are on their knees to Big Business. It's the way America works.

spirit.gif

MassWineGuy

Despite the many, many stories of station closings, severance packages and layoffs, I’ve yet to see anything uploaded by anyone showing genuine FedEx letterhead or identification. I’m not doubting everything. I just want to see some some proof. Preferably before I get my layoff notice.

Aquaman

Despite the many, many stories of station closings, severance packages and layoffs, I’ve yet to see anything uploaded by anyone showing genuine FedEx letterhead or identification. I’m not doubting everything. I just want to see some some proof. Preferably before I get my layoff notice.
You think Express is going to give you notice? Do you have any idea what this company thinks of its workers? You’ll get zero notice.

zeev

There will be no notice they have been promising last mile for years now and only covid held t up. Service will suffer but Ground during covid has shown customers how bad it could get. They could have better monetized the Ground hope bs but refused.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You think Express is going to give you notice? Do you have any idea what this company thinks of its workers? You’ll get zero notice.
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) (29 USC 2100 et. seq.) - Protects workers, their families and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.