Lying To Employees

AB831

Despite the many, many stories of station closings, severance packages and layoffs, I’ve yet to see anything uploaded by anyone showing genuine FedEx letterhead or identification. I’m not doubting everything. I just want to see some some proof. Preferably before I get my layoff notice.
Your notice is when your manager tells you on Friday afternoon that Fat Freddy never lays anyone off, and that your options are to either quit on your own or relocate to a station two hours away for your new part time assignment that he saved for you.

AB831

Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) (29 USC 2100 et. seq.) - Protects workers, their families and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.
But Fat Freddy doesn’t lay people off. He just creates a situation where you’ll quit willingly and then tells the PR stiffs that you weren’t willing to be a part of this sleek, new fedex he offered you while other companies were laying their workers off.

Mutineer

But Fat Freddy doesn’t lay people off. He just creates a situation where you’ll quit willingly and then tells the PR stiffs that you weren’t willing to be a part of this sleek, new fedex he offered you while other companies were laying their workers off.

There's ample proof that if there's a way to slither around something, Fred will find AND use it.

In this industry, it would be absolutely disastrous to adequately warn the box-donkeys that their jobs are soon going away.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Despite the many, many stories of station closings, severance packages and layoffs, I’ve yet to see anything uploaded by anyone showing genuine FedEx letterhead or identification. I’m not doubting everything. I just want to see some some proof. Preferably before I get my layoff notice.
Ummm. You’re not going to be seeing it until it’s your notice that your job is going away.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If the RLA requires a union vote across the country instead of by location, layoffs/displacements should be required to follow the same rule.

No hiding behind 'local' layoffs dribble by dribble.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There's ample proof that if there's a way to slither around something, Fred will find AND use it.

In this industry, it would be absolutely disastrous to adequately warn the box-donkeys that their jobs are soon going away.
They have clearly said what they’re doing….repeatedly. What’s missing is specific location information, unless you’re in one of the stations where it’s already happening. Holding out hope that your job is going to be saved is a pretty iffy proposition right now. The temperature in the pot just went to 201 degrees. Getting warm yet?

AB831

Yup. Doesn’t even matter if it’s legal or not. Our managers would routinely not pay overtime or would move your off day to the day you got the least amount of hours. If you caught on immediately and confronted them, they’d stop doing it. Otherwise, free pennies for Fat Freddy.

bacha29

Made sense till you said call your Democrat leaders-the top leader has Dementia and the rest are making decisions on what stocks they hold
So Mr. Bingo will you please explain to us how the Democratic Party can keep employers from lying to their employees.

bacha29

Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) (29 USC 2100 et. seq.) - Protects workers, their families and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.
Perhaps but you tell me. Since when has Prime Weasel and Raj The Jackal ever fully embraced the rule of law?
The trucking industry is so ruthlessly competitive that success is not measured in superior performance but rather on the basis of what you think you can get away with and succeed in doing it.