Express gave exground employee position over express drivers with lower employee numb

bbsam

Staff member
Re: Express gave exground employee position over express drivers with lower employee

How's this for standard BS? Leave, organize, or bend over. I don't care that life is hard and the the choices aren't what you want. They are what they are, they have been for years and they aren't getting better anytime soon.

MAKAVELI

How's this for standard BS? Leave, organize, or bend over. I don't care that life is hard and the the choices aren't what you want. They are what they are, they have been for years and they aren't getting better anytime soon.
Why do you spend so much time on this forum trying to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with you? Do you have nothing else going on in your life that you make it your mission to berate all Express couriers? You could start your own Fred S love thread and see what response you get. Maybe you are sad your bc lover upstate left the site and now taking it out on Express couriers. Maybe you have so many insecurities that you feel the need to denigrate someone to feel better about yourself. Just like a school yard bully, acts tough when someone is smaller than you. But really just a big pusillanimous when it comes down to it. Please enlighten us as to what your mission is.

bbsam

Staff member
Re: Express gave exground employee position over express drivers with lower employee

I do because I can. Don't like it? Piss off.

SmithBarney

Maybe I missed something but since when can Ground "contractors/drivers" bid through Jcats for Express positions?

bbsam

Staff member

Maybe I missed something but since when can Ground "contractors/drivers" bid through Jcats for Express positions?

I wondered the same. A few months ago, I thought MFE said folks couldn't jump from opco to opco.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

The person is a former ground driver.
We have quite a few.

SmithBarney

Nevermind, I re-read it. It was an EX-ground driver. Anyway it was for a swing position so seniority doesn't matter. It's just who you know and who you blow.
Area knowledge doesn't hurt anyway.

Ricochet1a

Go back to the original post. The employee was a former Ground helper, that is an Express Courier and was awarded a full-time position presumably ahead of other Express Couriers with more seniority.

No mention was made in the OP if the position had a supplemental attached to it, or if the former Ground employee (who has been an Express employee for almost 2 years now...) was already full-time thus placing them in the 1st category of applicants. Insufficient information was presented by the OP to enable a definitive answer to be given, thus all the confusion.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

The real problem is the title of the thread.

vantexan

Go back to the original post. The employee was a former Ground helper, that is an Express Courier and was awarded a full-time position presumably ahead of other Express Couriers with more seniority.

No mention was made in the OP if the position had a supplemental attached to it, or if the former Ground employee (who has been an Express employee for almost 2 years now...) was already full-time thus placing them in the 1st category of applicants. Insufficient information was presented by the OP to enable a definitive answer to be given, thus all the confusion.

But it was said later that it was a swing so there must have been a supplemental to submit.

I started the post and forgot to mention that my station hired a ground driver (who was never a ground handler or express handler) as a part time courier off the street. He is also still working for ground as a driver in the am and on his day off. That was also fishy. Seems like a conflict of interest to me. What about hours behind the wheel or on the clock. Hey it looks like he is on the fast track don't you think? Took me 5 years to get full time and I was hired as a part time courier off the street but had seasonal UPS experience and 8 months as a DHL driver. I guess I should add approx. 1 year courier experience to my next bid. Also saw drivers leave and come back from local stations before their 18 months was up and take new job postings at our station. They can bend or break the rules when they want. Why don't they just hire ground drivers instead of letting the handlers move up to courier. What the hell they are already trained.