What will happen to the express Drivers....

Empty Pockets

They'd still have to pay couriers for accrued vacation.
I almost called my boss last night to cancel the days I scheduled in June. There should be a meeting soon for our station. If my job is gone before November, I will just use sick, personal, and floaters. No sense in spending the vacation days in June if I will be unemployed permanently in July. We do get paid for unused vacation.

It will be fine

If anyone has a clear, sharp photo of the severance pay agreement, please post it.
C06B47E3-6FBC-49F3-80E1-D39CFF933A38.jpeg

That’s from AZ I believe.

MassWineGuy

Thanks. But the top is cut off and the name FedEx isn’t shown. Would be helpful.

Hmm. Actually, even the entire sheet doesn’t mention FedEx. And it looks like the deadline dates differ according to location. Ok. Still very useful.

lilwizbiz

Thanks. But the top is cut off and the name FedEx isn’t shown. Would be helpful.

Hmm. Actually, even the entire sheet doesn’t mention FedEx. And it looks like the deadline dates differ according to location. Ok. Still very useful.
Nah it won’t say FedEx mate. Don’t worry it’s FedEx though.

It will be fine

And how much in the way of severance pay do you plan to offer your displaced employees when the expected loss of market share impacts volume?
I’ve cut down routes by about 15% this year. I just didn’t replace drivers when they quit and reconfigured the remaining routes. I imagine Express will do the same for the most part. I don’t expect a loss of market share with this merger, that’s just pearl clutching from the guys that believe they’re irreplaceable.

MAKAVELI

The station identifier is on there. It's Prescott.

Gone fishin

I’ve cut down routes by about 15% this year. I just didn’t replace drivers when they quit and reconfigured the remaining routes. I imagine Express will do the same for the most part. I don’t expect a loss of market share with this merger, that’s just pearl clutching from the guys that believe they’re irreplaceable.
You do understand we know we’re replaceable, but we don’t think you understand how express works , that’s the problem you’re having

bacha29

Classic Fedex Ground contractor through and through.....Fewer people longer day, working harder for the same pay. We know you better than your own mother.

bbsam

Staff member
You’re confused. Volume is down. It’s the same workload and the same time covering a slightly larger area.
True. And in some instances, drivers who used to finish at 13:30 are now working until 16:30. Had several grumble about it but none left because of it. Pretty relaxed.

SmithBarney

Classic Fedex Ground contractor through and through.....Fewer people longer day, working harder for the same pay. We know you better than your own mother.
Exactly, do the contractors think the driver they have now will still be willing to work for 200/day when he has to spend the first 2 hrs delivering X stops by 1030 commit time, driving past all the stops they'd normally do adding hours to their day effectively reducing the hours rate.. And with bigger "penalties" on the line for late deliveries, what will the contractors do? Pay more to ensure drivers behave? add more routes?

bacha29

Exactly, do the contractors think the driver they have now will still be willing to work for 200/day when he has to spend the first 2 hrs delivering X stops by 1030 commit time, driving past all the stops they'd normally do adding hours to their day effectively reducing the hours rate.. And with bigger "penalties" on the line for late deliveries, what will the contractors do? Pay more to ensure drivers behave? add more routes?
First of all you'll be hard pressed to find a contractor paying $200 a day and employer funded benefits.
Out in rural America where you spend all day and as much of the night as you can stay out chasing RD's when that last ground box comes off that belt out the door you go. There ain't no waiting around for that air box to get loaded on.
So what you might see contractors having to do is use dedicated air box only route trucks Too late out. Too little on. Too many miles.....Then you have to get back early with your high school back pack full if you're lucky with air envelopes just to catch the plane out in time.

Unless Fat Freddy forks over big cash ( that'll be the day) rural contractors are finished.