EXTRA 5MINUTE BREAK

2pitbulls

How many hours do you have to work to get an extra five min break. Is it 4,5,or 6 hours. I know you are given a ten minute break everyday just wondering when do you get 5 extra

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We work 8.5-10 hour shift on preload during christmas peak....We only get a 10 min break. But sups usually won't complain if we take a few extra smoke breaks too.

2pitbulls

You actually tell your sup you are going to the bathroom ? Everybody I know just leaves to the bathroom when they have to go

Sent using BrownCafe App

browntroll

You actually tell your sup you are going to the bathroom ? Everybody I know just leaves to the bathroom when they have to go

Sent using BrownCafe App
must be nice. my hub sups try to interrogate you for walking 5 feet away from where you are supposed to be. obviously if you have to
use the toilet then they cant say anything but cuss at themselves. alot of guys get extra time by going to the bathroom and waiting there
for 20 minutes before they take their "break" which last as long as they need to get extra time.

RealPerson

Sent using BrownCafe App
We have to Tell/ask them so someone can take our place, or the Sup can.
They gave a huge speech if you just leave it is Job abandonment. HA

J

jibbs

How many hours do you have to work to get an extra five min break. Is it 4,5,or 6 hours. I know you are given a ten minute break everyday just wondering when do you get 5 extra

Maybe you get breaks. We don't get official breaks. If you need to leave your set of trucks for a minute or two in my center then you ghost from the belt, but don't expect anybody to catch your :censored2: for you...

Sometimes I feel like a ninja when I can smoke half a jack and make it back to my trucks before I miss a single package. Same with using the bathroom.

Breaks. Lol.

Why, is it bad for you?? Please tell me all about it, I'm so interested in your opinion regarding aspects of my life that have no effect on yours....

We need a Love button for posts like these.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
took a mental health break and cleared ice off my windows for 15 this morning !! if they don't like it , I WASNT GETTING THE BIG PICTURE !!!!

laffter

I don't think that going out for a quick smoke break, even if volume is slow, would be tolerated much here (not by the pt sups- they don't care, but the sups above them). However, I personally just leave the belt whenever I feel like it... whether it's to go to the bathroom or to talk to someone, doesn't matter. I handle my area fine, and I help others all the time. There's no reason to be bitched at for wandering off for a few minutes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Maybe you get breaks. We don't get official breaks. If you need to leave your set of trucks for a minute or two in my center then you ghost from the belt, but don't expect anybody to catch your :censored2: for you...

Sometimes I feel like a ninja when I can smoke half a jack and make it back to my trucks before I miss a single package. Same with using the bathroom.

Breaks. Lol.

We need a Love button for posts like these.
thank you, sir....agreed, we don't get covered breaks......but I still take my 10 min break everyday.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Why, is it bad for you?? Please tell me all about it, I'm so interested in your opinion regarding aspects of my life that have no effect on yours....

I have mixed feelings on smoke breaks: while management looked the other way when these people choose to take one, if I was working near them, I was expected to pick up the slack. OTOH, I'm not sure if I WANT to work next to a smoker who's went 8-10 hours with just a single smoke break...

But then again, I work next to Fat Albert currently, and he B.S.'s the entire break then after it's over, chooses to take a dump. And I have to pick up the slack there as well, because God forbid management say something -- it might be racially insensitive. (Fun fact: if you ever use the bathroom after him, you'll notice he does not flush the toilet... or use toilet paper.)

tre305

A few years back, the first time we started up around midnight for peak...I remember us getting 3 different ten minute breaks. But this past peak we were pulling 11-12 on preload and only got one, but with 10-20 minutes sometimes between trailers, that's a break in itself

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They do when I have to walk through a waft of cigarette smoke to get to the smoke free establishment.
Which "smoke free" building is that? You mean the one that gets filled with diesel exhaust from 300 pc's starting up to leave every morning??? I'm not advocating smoking, not at all. But I didn't realize diesel fumes contain vitamins for our lungs.

PS....stop "liking" your own posts....lol